Thread: How many months for PIP2?

How many months for PIP2?

I made an initial claim for PIP on 1st December 2014 & was told my PIP2 would be sent out by 22 December.
    around 1st week of January still hadn't received form so phoned PIP helpline they admitted form not sent & would chase it up now it's more than 2 weeks later & still no form.

So from my initial claim until now is almost 2 months & I still haven't received the PIP2.

I am on DLA & wanted to inform DWP that my health issues had deteriorated but they said they could not accept changes to my DLA & that I had to claim PIP.

How many months should I reasonably expect to wait to receive the PIP2?

Already had my assessment for ESA & was awarded the support group back in September - can I use any information from that assessment to help with my claim for PIP?

You are clearly in the 'natural reassessment' area, where existing DLA claimants who were under 65 on 8 April 2013 but are over 16 trigger reassessment to PIP when they report a change of circumstances. You must now pursue your PIP claim all the way to a decision - if you do not do so, your DLA will end anyway.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer until you get a PIP2. In some rare cases, a PIP assessment is made without a PIP2, though that is unusual. I suspect it's just administrative inefficiency holding things up.

DWP are now routinely using information from the ESA system to assist them in dealing with PIP claims, and information from the PIP system to assist them in dealing with ESA claims. Even so, it is worth pointing directly to helpful evidence in your ESA assessment report in your PIP2 and at any face to face assessment.

Thanks for your quick reply & helpful info.

I still have the ESA assessment report they sent me but have to be careful with it as there are a lot of untruths in it but I didn't bother challenging it as I was awarded the support group.

Going to try & phone tomorrow & chase up 'where is the form?' & see what they say - last time I did that it took 5 phone calls in one morning before they agreed to chase it up!

PIP2 finally arrived this morning after 7 weeks!
    I have been advised not to complete it at all but to take it in to Citizens Advice who will complete it for me - seems like a good idea to me considering its 56 pages!

Getting help with the form is a great idea, though I would put together what notes you can in preparation for any appointment. There is lots of advice and helpful links in the sticky PIP thread (coloured text on this forum are clickable links).