Thread: Weymouth

Weymouth

Hello

I was wondering if a member could give me some advice on a good b and b in Weymouth Dorset.
    I need some were that can accommodate a mobility scooter and either ground floor accommodation or a lift
    I find stairs difficult due to my condition
    Thanks in advance..........Paul

This might be of interest on Trip advisor, it's a hotel but may be what you are after: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk%2FShowU...83829542,d.ZWU

Hi JD

I cannot get this link to work could you post again for me please or just the hotel name would be fine thanks for your help...........Paul

I stayed here, hired a scooter from shopmobility and can get it in downstairs through their car park and put it on charge. Lift as well. Basic but clean and right on the front.
    http://www.hotelmonami.co.uk/

Thanks Beau that's ideal...........Paul

Shopmobility last year was reasonable at £10 per day and they delivered and collected the scooter.
    The hotel is a bit like a rabbit warren as most of these hotels are converted Victorian terraced houses. There is a lift but I had a ground floor room. You do need the lift to get to the dining room and bar area. Scooters go through the back door and can be charged via sockets in the far corner of the bar. Staff very helpful last year, can't say for now.
    Mixed reviews on trip adviser but read between the lines. I am not fussy as long as it is clean and the food is acceptable. Because of their prices there wasn't an extensive menu but it seemed to cater for everyone, breakfasts were good with a range of cereals, fruit and full English if you wanted it although most days I just had egg on toast. Couldn't eat a full English. I did stay hb though.

Thanks Beau I have been staying in Weymouth for years long before my mobility became an issue.
    And you are so correct about the various b and b's and hotels they really vary so much.
    Just to let you know I hired a scooter on a daily basis from a shop called Weymouth mobility down were the shops are on the
    way to the harbour.
    There is also another one in Weymouth as well I cant think what its called but that is also on the way to the harbour.
    One was £10 per day and the other one was £8.50 a day but the only thing is you had to have the scooter back by 5 oclock.
    So finding a place that hires for a week is great providing you can be accommodated thanks again Beau very useful post........Paul

I think it was shopmobiity in the shopping area mine came from. The delivered and collected it from the hotel, there was no time limit on delivery and collection.