Thread: ESA work related Group

ESA work related Group

Back in 2011 I was kicked off ESA then I appealed and had a reconsideration and placed in the work group, I then appealed and failed so was kept in the work group. My ESA ran out around Jan 2013 due to the 12 month time period as my partner works. I still feel I should be in the support group now. I am currently just getting my NI contributions paid. Is there anything I can do now at this stage to get into try and get into support group as it has been so long left ?

You have two options, firstly you can leave things as they are until you get the call for reassessment and see what case you can make for it then, or. If you have medical evidence of a deterioration in your condition, ask for a case review (Supersession) which is nothing more than a completely fresh look at your claim and all their options are open to them. They can, possibly, send you for a fresh FtF assessment, find you Fit for Work, leave you where you are or improve your award to Support Group.

The window for MR/Appeal is again open to you should you do either of the above and not agree with the decision.

What ever you do, do not close your current claim, as will not be able to claim any further ESA payments until you accrue two years NI contributions through working as long as your partner remains working.
    Last edited by Jard; 31-12-14 at 16:15.