Thread: PIP award help

bayliss1989

PIP award help

Today I received my pip decision letter and I've been awarded enhanced rate for both living and mobility, but I'm a little confused because it says my back payment will be payed into my bank account on the 30th dec 2014 but there's nothing been payed into my account... does it take a few days to show in the bank or should I be concerned as to why my back payment isn't in the bank?
    I've been told because it is over £5000 it may take a week to show in my bank but I can't understand why this is as normally when a payment is made it shows in the bank the same day...
    If anyone could give any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You are not the first person to report that a very large back payment has been delayed. So far as I can tell, any amount over £5000 goes through special administrative checks at DWP before being paid, but the date printed on the decision letter doesn't allow for these checks. As you say, once the money is paid it appears in your account instantly.

I expect you will receive your money in the next few days, though I would phone the PIP helpdesk to notify them that you have not received the money on the date given on the letter if you have not already done so.

I received my back pay of around £4100 the day after receiving my decision letter

bayliss1989
    Okay thanks guess ill just have to wait till its paid into my account, thankfully I will only have a few days to wait now