Thread: Permitted Work

Permitted Work

I am in receipt of ESA Support group but i would like some advice on permitted work, does it effect your benefit, my ESA, housing and council tax benefit and how much you can earn and how many weeks you can work.

Any advice would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by josephine View Post
    I am in receipt of ESA Support group but i would like some advice on permitted work, does it effect your benefit, my ESA, housing and council tax benefit and how much you can earn and how many weeks you can work.

Explained here:

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/wo...lth-conditions

You should speak to your advisor at the Job Centre about doing permitted work.

Income from the permitted work is disregarded as far as HB and CT support is concerned.

There are limitations to hours and pay.

Quote Originally Posted by josephine View Post

You need to speak to the JC+ and make an appointment with an advisor. The permitted work would need to be agreed with them i.e you can't just work in any job, the jobs would need to be pre-approved in line with your limitations.

You working could also be used as evidence in any ESA assessments.

See here for more information on permitted work: http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/wo...lth-conditions

The rules around how much you can earn and how many weeks you can work are complex so I'll leave that for someone better informed, however, any work must be reported to DWP and may affect any income based top-up to ESA, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit depending on how much you earn. I would be wary of attempting much in the way of permitted work in the support group unless you are expecting an eventual recovery as it may be taken that you are more able and cause them to look at your claim again, possibly moving you to the WRAG group.