Thread: ???? Newbie

???? Newbie

Hi I've been reading this site for a while as a guest but registered just recently. The info is great and the people seem really nice
    I bit the bullet today and applied for pip. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in my hands, wrists, lower back and feet in 2008 but have plodded on since then. I can't manage a full time job but really love the few hours as a teaching assistant at my local primary school (it keeps me sane. ish) Will I need to pack in my job to qualify for pip? I really don't want to.
    Many thanks :-)

Hi and welcome. I too work in a school, I'm in the office. I have been advised I won't have to give up work if I'm granted pip. I applied 19th August and I'm waiting for assessment. My work will be making adaptations to my work station, though, I haven't been there since 1st may, due to rheumatoid flare, then hysterectomy in June, DVT & pulmonary embolism in July. I went back on phased return in October, but had to be hospitalised in Nov, due to methoterexate seriously affecting liver.haven't been back since. Just been granted ESA Contribution based.

Quote Originally Posted by evag1 View Post
    Hi and welcome. I too work in a school, I'm in the office. I have been advised I won't have to give up work if I'm granted pip. I applied 19th August and I'm waiting for assessment. My work will be making adaptations to my work station, though, I haven't been there since 1st may, due to rheumatoid flare, then hysterectomy in June, DVT & pulmonary embolism in July. I went back on phased return in October, but had to be hospitalised in Nov, due to methoterexate seriously affecting liver.haven't been back since. Just been granted ESA Contribution based.
    gosh sorry what you have been through. i hope your on the mend now. i hope you get the pip. x

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose63 View Post
    Hi I've been reading this site for a while as a guest but registered just recently. The info is great and the people seem really nice
    I bit the bullet today and applied for pip. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in my hands, wrists, lower back and feet in 2008 but have plodded on since then. I can't manage a full time job but really love the few hours as a teaching assistant at my local primary school (it keeps me sane. ish) Will I need to pack in my job to qualify for pip? I really don't want to.
    Many thanks :-)
    im not well enough to work yet, but i know from reading this site that pip benefit can and is paid to working people. Its non means tested. Soemone will come along and give you some clear info. good luck :-)

Hi EnglishRose welcome to the forum,

Will I need to pack in my job to qualify for pip?
    No you won't have to give up work.

PIP is about how you manage with day to day tasks at home, not work.
    You can work and claim PIP at the same time without restrictions.

ESA on the other hand is all about working.
    It is possible work and claim ESA, but the rules on what you can do, for how many hours, and what you can earn are strict.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyp196 View Post
    gosh sorry what you have been through. i hope your on the mend now. i hope you get the pip. x
    Thanks, getting there and they're holding my job open for me. Hope all goes well for you.

Hi newbee by the way is there anyone from the old yourable site here still as im one.