Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warm Home Discount.

who are 'third party Aurigia'?
    Auriga are a funding/grant management/debt reduction consultancy for both business and individuals.
    http://www.aurigaservices.co.uk/

Sounds like you letter was just standard wording to cover both options 'Aurigia or the DWP'.

The scheme is administered by the electricity supplier not the DWP.
    There are certain people, those in reciept of Pension Credit Guarantee Credit, who get it automatically if they are with a participating supplier.
    Others have to apply and each company has its own qualifying rules for who will get it. (You don't have to be on benefit, hence Auriga).
    Payment dates and methods vary from supplier to supplier.

The link that toolook gives above (thanks toolook) gives more details on the scheme, the proposed extension to pay it again next year, and proposals on how the scheme should be run after that taking benefit changes etc. into account.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyp196 View Post
    are you on pre payment meters susieboots? this is the first year i applied for it. Havent heard anything back yet. For those like me on token meters it would seem a bit bizarre to recieve it in March, at the start of spring. But i wouldnt complain as better to get it whenever than not at all :-)
    No Sandy I am not on a payment meter. I am with Eon, they have been brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I have never heard of anybody being able to take it as cash before.

Its supposed to be discounted against heating only, in cash you could spend it on anything.
    Of course you could argue that you had already spent it on extra heating, but thats not realy the point.
    Some energy suppliers give it out as gift vouchers, like you I have never heard it given out as cash. However, most people spend more that ?140 a year on energy bills.

My daughter was with B.Gas and the W.H.Discount agreed.
    I changed her supplier before it was paid.
    Phone B.Gas twice for how her payment would be paid as she had moved from them.
    I was given the wrong information and it looked as if she wouldn't get it.
    After sending a letter to complaints Dept at B.G checked their records and admitted that I had been advised wrongly on this.
    B.Gas sent daughter a cheque for the amount of the W.H.Discount

Daughter is now with EDF and pays by D.D each month - does anyone know how she will get her £140.00?
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    My daughter was with B.Gas and the W.H.Discount agreed.
    I changed her supplier before it was paid.
    Phone B.Gas twice for how her payment would be paid as she had moved from them.
    I was given the wrong information and it looked as if she wouldn't get it.
    After sending a letter to complaints Dept at B.G checked their records and admitted that I had been advised wrongly on this.
    B.Gas sent daughter a cheque for the amount of the W.H.Discount

Daughter is now with EDF and pays by D.D each month - does anyone know how she will get her £140.00?
    It will be credited to her account.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Well I owe Scottish Power over a grand and they just notified me that I am getting it credited to my next bill.
    We owe Scottish Power quite a bit of money - but they don't believe we do! Their system keeps losing 10000 kWh of usage. I keep submitting correct meter readings online and phoning them to request they rebill us correctly, but their system keeps on producing incorrect estimated bills rather than using my figures or them sending round a meter reader.

Scottish Power believe we are somewhere between £600 and £1000 in credit, when the reality is that we owe them a few hundred pounds. We're ready to pay the right amount - the money they are owed is sitting in the bank account waiting for them to take it by Direct Debit - but I'm giving up hope of them ever getting the bills correct. I'm out of ideas to sort the situation out and, frankly, it's not my problem that they can't be bothered to bill me correctly after so many requests. I keep calling customer services, they keep promising to sort the situation out and they still can't get it right.

The next time I contact Scottish Power, I'm going to ask them to fit a new meter free of charge and agree that they have one attempt to bill the usage shown on the removed meter correctly, with whatever figure they come up with being paid by us in full and final settlement so long as it is for no more than the actual readings on the meter at the time of removal. I can't force them to bill me correctly, and, so far as I'm concerned, I've fulfilled my contractual obligations by providing correct meter readings and paying the amount they have billed. I haven't got the energy to waste on their incompetence, but I don't want to leave the situation unresolved for fear that we'll be thousands of pounds in debt to them if they ever catch on to their mistakes.

What is particularly annoying is that they keep setting the Direct Debit to £1 per month every time they issue an incorrect bill. Every month we only pay £1 is a month that we are running up a bigger debt.

I have put my Warm Home Discount claim in, but haven't yet heard anything as I didn't get round to submitting the claim until recently.
    Last edited by Flymo; 31-12-14 at 00:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    We owe Scottish Power quite a bit of money - but they don't believe we do! Their system keeps losing 10000 kWh of usage. I keep submitting correct meter readings online and phoning them to request they rebill us correctly, but their system keeps on producing incorrect estimated bills rather than using my figures or them sending round a meter reader.

Scottish Power believe we are somewhere between £600 and £1000 in credit, when the reality is that we owe them a few hundred pounds. We're ready to pay the right amount - the money they are owed is sitting in the bank account waiting for them to take it by Direct Debit - but I'm giving up hope of them ever getting the bills correct. I'm out of ideas to sort the situation out and, frankly, it's not my problem that they can't be bothered to bill me correctly after so many requests. I keep calling customer services, they keep promising to sort the situation out and they still can't get it right.

The next time I contact Scottish Power, I'm going to ask them to fit a new meter free of charge and agree that they have one attempt to bill the usage shown on the removed meter correctly, with whatever figure they come up with being paid by us in full and final settlement. I can't force them to bill me correctly, and, so far as I'm concerned, I've fulfilled my contractual obligations by providing correct meter readings and paying the amount they have billed. I haven't got the energy to waste on their incompetence, but I don't want to leave the situation unresolved for fear that we'll be thousands of pounds in debt to them if they ever catch on to their mistakes.

What is particularly annoying is that they keep setting the Direct Debit to £1 per month every time they issue an incorrect bill. Every month we only pay £1 is a month that we are running up a bigger debt.

I have put my Warm Home Discount claim in, but haven't yet heard anything as I didn't get round to submitting the claim until recently.
    Flymo, your situation sounds familiour. A friend of mine installed a gas meter 25 years ago since then he has recived gas but no bill. Dispite numerous requests, the gas company are adamant he is lying and that he has no gas supply to his property. Like you, he gave up telling them and is basically getting free gas.

In relation to your scenario, I would stop telling your energy supplier as you have done all that is required. Enjoy that you are getting low rates on your electricity. The Energy UK Code of Practice for Accurate Bills that stipulates no customer should have to cover a payment shortfall dating back more than 12 months, if the supplier was at fault. In your case the supplier is at fault.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...#ixzz3NQPS9lp0

Also see here: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...or_a_while.htm

See here: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...-entirely.html

But you don't need it, you are £600 - 1000 in credit with them! (Tounge in cheek).

I also have been having fun with my Scottish Power billing.

It used to get taken directly out of my benefit, but this stopped when there was a hiccup over permited work.
    I have repeatedly asked them to reinstate this, or to propose a different payment plan.
    They just keep saying wait until your next bill and contact us again.

When the last bill came at the end of August they had deducted £826 from the amount owed for no reason that I could see, called it an "account adjustment"and said that "You don't have to take any action."
    (ie. no payment to make, even though the outstanding balance given was still over £1100).
    I phoned them and the guy on the phone could not explain it either, but said 'well do as it says and do nothing for now'.

Today I got a letter from Scottish Power apologising for their poor customer service as I was one of their customers who had been affected by poor service issues following the implementation of a new IT system.
    They also say my latest bill had been delayed, but that I should have got it by now.
    (All news to me, and they spelt my surname wrong).

It further states:
    Be assured, if your bill covers a period of more than 12 months, we have not billed you for any energy you used more than 12 months ago. In addition we will give you longer to pay your bill if you need it.
    Should be an interesting bill when it finally arrives, but it will probably take a team of accountants to understand it.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I had no problems with Scottish Power until I left, took me over 3 months to get my final balance refunded (about £300) and even now if I log in it shows the electric part of the dual fuel account is still live and I have a new bill due!. Customer service was a shambles compared to the previous years I've rang them about something. Every call operative gave me a different answer/reason/excuse for the incorrect billing and non-refund.

I've had to ring the Co-Op 3 times, twice about an account setup problem and then the warm home discount, each time I was dealt with very politely and efficiently and they delivered what they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    If she moved to EDF in time to submit a valid claim for the current Warm Home Discount scheme, I would expect it to be applied by crediting £133.33 (before 5% VAT - £140 is the figure including VAT) to her account, then recalculating the monthly Direct Debit payment.