Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warm Home Discount.

Warm Home Discount.

Just been checking my emails and this was one:
    Dear Customer
    Scottish Power Warm Home Discount Payment – Scheme Year 4

You applied for a ScottishPower Warm Home Discount payment in year four of the scheme. We are pleased to inform you that the £140 Warm Home Discount (including VAT) has been applied to your electricity account and will show in your next bill or if you have a prepayment meter £140 credit will be available when you next top up.

Yours sincerely

Scottish Power Warm Home Discount Team
    Looks like they sent them out this week as a sort of Christmas present.

The original scheme was only set up to run four years, and this is the last of the four.
    (I missed the first one but have claimed it for the last 3).

I wonder if they will keep it running, replace it with something else, or just forget it now that the 4 years are up?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post

The original scheme was only set up to run four years, and this is the last of the four.

I wonder if they will keep it running, replace it with something else, or just forget it now that the 4 years are up?
    oh interesting. I know my support worker applied on my behalf for this. I didnt know about it before. I hope i get it as im on meters and i really struggle with electric. It would be so nice to just not worry for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyp196 View Post
    oh interesting. I know my support worker applied on my behalf for this. I didnt know about it before. I hope i get it as im on meters and i really struggle with electric. It would be so nice to just not worry for a while.
    Would you let us know if you get it when on a meter ? Isn't fair if you don't but can't see how they can apply it.

Just how the scheme is applied and who qualifies, depends (depended?) on your electricity supplier.
    The amount is set at £140 this year and should be taken off your bill in 'spring'.

For prepay meters I have heard that different companies do it differently;
    some will add it to your card/key next time you top up at the paypoint,
    some cant put that much on the card all at once so will add as much as they can each time until you have had the full £140,
    some will send out vouchers (non-transferable, they get scanned with your card) to use to top up your card.

If you are on a prepay meter they should send you a letter or email telling you how their particular scheme works.

Blueeyes, I am with npower on prepayment meters and got it last year. If I remember rightly it was in March. Letter to take to the Post Office with the value of £135 and they exchanged it for cash. Npower never sent me any details of whether I was going to receive it or not and again this year no communication from them.

Smile

I've just checked our electric account after reading the post and we're ?152 in credit so british gas must of added our warm front discount money
    Last edited by barbiejane; 27-12-14 at 16:35.

i havent had an email or letter. Im on scottish power and i hate them. I spend a fortune on electric for a tiny one bed flat. iv never got heating as cant afford it. I had them out several times to check the meter rate but they say its correct. i just cant believe that. im really frugal with electric. Dont use a cooker and use washing machine 3 times a week at maximum. I still have to spend on average £20 a week. if i put enough electric in to cook and have heating everday it would be over £30 a week. i have some small arrears, £90, that i pay £5 a week but only £3.20 comes off the arrears. I recently tried to move to british gas. I have moved to them as my gas supplier. BG told me it didnt matter about the electric arrears and they would transfer the debt. They didnt, and scottish power refused to let me move unless i pay the debt in full. Im furious about it as i only went to the bother of switching because BG told me they would sort everything and i would be on a cheaper tariff. Plus id have some kind of machine where i could top up electric without having to get to a shop, and that was the deciding factor as im agraphobic.
    People on meters are outrageously charged by these companies.
    Do you think scottish power can turn me down for this grant because i tried to move to british gas?

The scheme was introduced by the Conservative government. I am sure if they get re-elected, the scheme will continue. If Labour get into power, will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights!

Well I owe Scottish Power over a grand and they just notified me that I am getting it credited to my next bill.
    You probably havent been notified yet because you are on a PP meter.

Also, if you have a prepayment meter you can switch suppliers unless you owe them more than £500.
    Of course you still have to pay off the debt.
    Extract from the CAB website
    http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan..._of_a_debt.htm
    If you have a prepayment meter

If you have a pre-payment meter, you can switch energy suppliers and transfer debts of up to £500 for gas and of up to £500 for electricity. This is known as the Debt Assignment Protocol. You will have to carry on using the prepayment meter with your new supplier at least until your debt is paid off. However, you may be able to shop around for a cheaper tariff by asking for a meter change once your debt is paid.
    If you are not on a prepayment meter they can stop you switching until your debt is paid off.
    Last edited by nukecad; 27-12-14 at 23:31.

Well I owe Scottish Power over a grand and they just notified me that I am getting it credited to my next bill.
    You probably havent been notified yet because you are on a PP meter.

Also, if you have a prepayment meter they cannot stop you switching unless you owe them more than £500.
    Of course you still have to pay off the debt.
    Extract from the CAB website
    http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan..._of_a_debt.htm

If you are not on a prepayment meter they can stop you switching until your debt is paid off.
    omg im really angry now. I had a letter from them this morning saying i couldnt switch until id paid the debt. i also had a letter from british gas this morning saying my transfer request had been refused by scottish power FOUR TIMES. It is outrageous. But im glad to hear it wont be the debt or the attempted escape that will get me turned down for the grant. If theyve sent the letters and notifications its looking likely that i have been turned down. Never mind. I am glad for those who got it :-)