Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warm Home Discount.

Quote Originally Posted by DianneT View Post
    Blueeyes, I am with npower on prepayment meters and got it last year. If I remember rightly it was in March. Letter to take to the Post Office with the value of £135 and they exchanged it for cash. Npower never sent me any details of whether I was going to receive it or not and again this year no communication from them.
    I have never heard of anybody being able to take it as cash before.

Its supposed to be discounted against heating only, in cash you could spend it on anything.
    Of course you could argue that you had already spent it on extra heating, but thats not realy the point.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Sandy,

I had edited my post slightly whilst you were answering.
    Although people with a debt of under £500 can switch suppliers, the old supplier can object to the switch (But shouldn't except in exceptional circumstances).

The regulators OFGEM are aware of the problems some people with PPMs are still having when trying to switch suppliers and the obstacles being wrongly placed in their way.
    In particular they have found that old suppliers are objecting by default to any switch with any level of debt, which they should not be doing.

They published an open letter about this on 22 September 2014.
    You may like to read this, and maybe quote it as a reference to Scottish Power if want to try switching again.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publi...openletter.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Sandy,

I had edited my post slightly whilst you were answering.
    Although people with a debt of under £500 can switch suppliers, the old supplier can object to the switch (But shouldn't except in exceptional circumstances).

The regulators OFGEM are aware of the problems some people with PPMs are still having when trying to switch suppliers and the obstacles being wrongly placed in their way.
    In particular they have found that old suppliers are objecting by default to any switch with any level of debt, which they should not be doing.

They published an open letter about this on 22 September 2014.
    You may like to read this, and maybe quote it as a reference to Scottish Power if want to try switching again.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publi...openletter.pdf
    thank you, i will. I just checked my statement dated august and my arrears were £92 then so will be even lower now. id much prefer my gas and electric to be with the same supplier. i had planned to pay it off and move when my pip comes through in feb, but im just so annoyed scottish power wont let me move when my debt is not much and when british gas are willing to take me with the debt.

You are right it's Scottish Power not British Gas that are blocking the switch and from what you say they should not be.

I have other problems with switching (as well as my debt) in that I live in rented accomodation and so would have to get the landlords permision as well, after all ultimately its his property.

Sandyp phone citizens advice and see if the can help.If BG are willing to take the arrears on I cant see why Scottish power are acting like they are.

hello friends, I haven't been on forum for a while but thought I would see how you are all doing. My Warm Home Discount was paid in end of March the first year, but subsequent years was paid in September! Much better because I now start the Winter in credit.

Quote Originally Posted by susieboots View Post
    hello friends, I haven't been on forum for a while but thought I would see how you are all doing. My Warm Home Discount was paid in end of March the first year, but subsequent years was paid in September! Much better because I now start the Winter in credit.
    are you on pre payment meters susieboots? this is the first year i applied for it. Havent heard anything back yet. For those like me on token meters it would seem a bit bizarre to recieve it in March, at the start of spring. But i wouldnt complain as better to get it whenever than not at all :-)

I was with Scottish Power for about 6 years or so and the discount was always paid around March time. I moved to the Co-Op in September this year and the Warm Home payment is showing on my December bill

Hi To All, Hope everybody has had the Christmas wanted or expected!

Wanted to add my tuppenyworth regarding warm home discount, which we have received for the last 3 financial years (since it began).

However, after a few queries with Southern Electric, response finally received, in which they say,

'this (warm home discount) has been provisionally qualified. This is then sent to the third party Aurigia or the DWP for them to confirm the information they have provided. We will then be notified by them If you are successful'.

My question, although discount 'provisionally qualified' I take it once confirmation of qualifying benefit/s has been received, is who are 'third party Aurigia'? My understanding is that DWP confirm to the electricity supplier, that applicant indeed in receipt, or not, of qualifying benefit, upon which a decision is made, so where does Aurigia come into the fold?

MT for any answers.

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    The scheme was introduced by the Conservative government. I am sure if they get re-elected, the scheme will continue. If Labour get into power, will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights!
    Further to my comment, the WHD scheme has been extended for one year i.e 2015/16. The original scheme was meant to end this year.

See here for more info: https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...sion-to-201516