Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sales have Started

The Sales have Started

Sat here this morning and bought almost all my birthday and Christmas presents for next year. Saved a fortune at half price or less and delivered to the door. Just the grandkids to get but fads change so can't get theirs.
    Just cards, paper etc. to get now and that will be within the next few days.

One happy bunny.

Very organised - if I bought anything that far in advance I would forget where I'd stored them. However, I've just bought a vacuum and saved £90, and kitchen units at half price too. Very satisfied customer.

I actually have a storage area where they go all together each year. If I put them away randomly there is no way I would find them again.
    I also have a list on which, to whom, each item is allocated and for what event.

Your vacuum was a bargain for a decent one. Why do they well reduce things at a time of the year when people tend to be short of cash anyway? They would sell more if the reductions were mid spring for instance.
    Last edited by beau; 24-12-14 at 16:49.

I'm hitting the (online!) Sales tomorrow, got my eyes on some winter shoes/boots, considering my current ones are falling apart. Couldn't find any I liked before under £80, so...

Well, all done now. Went out yesterday and got cards, paper, etc.
    Picked up a pair of brown leather ankle boots from Clarks as I had to give my daughter my original smart ones because my legs have swollen so much I couldn't zip them up.

Got a pair of Australian sheepskin (not UGG) ones arriving today because my original ones have no tread on them now and not a moment too soon looking at the weather.

Need to visit our local factory shop because I want a bird feeder and I have a £5 voucher for them from a previous purchase with a date limit so I may as well use it and save a little. Hoping they will be in the sale too as a bonus. Not as though it will be going up yet, the garden has yet to be finished.

The shoes I wanted were not in the sale...and they only have real leather ones(I do not wear leather, just as I don't use products that have been tested on animals. No, I'm not a Vegetarian or a Vegan!) so no shoes for me.

I have, however, just treated myself to some stuff by my favourite make up brand(cruelty free/non-test on animals, of course.) A massive total saving of £40. Very, very happy Laura!

I'm a little miffed though. I asked for boots gift cards for Christmas, not realising that you can no longer use them to purchase products online. I used a giftcard in October and I could then, but now you have to use an e-voucher, which I wasn't aware of! They kept that quiet..also, it doesn't mention on the website(unless you close closely at Q&A's or on the back of a gift card!!) that you cannot use them online. I've sent them a very long, detailed, whinging rant about them changing this and it not being mentioned ANYWHERE. I've made the suggestion that they make it clearer on their website before purchasing a normal giftcard. It says it can be used in store, but doesn't say you can't use it online. Not clear at all!

£43.51 (which, I had to use my debit card for, I'm not impressed. Luckily I also had people transfer me money for Christmas as well.)

Least I know for next year to ask for E-vouchers instead!

I think I just deleted my post that was waiting for approval so I'll do it again!

Couldn't manage to get any shoes in the sale - None that go with my 'style', give me the correct support and aren't made of leather(I have major issues with leather. I don't know why, I'm not a Vegan or Vegetarian.)

I have, however, just use some Christmas money to buy myself a couple of make up gift sets by my favourite make up brand(Cruelty free and not tested on animals..I also have issues with this!) with a massive saving of around £40. Hehe! Vanity costs money, unfortunately. *sigh*

Little bit miffed at Boots though. I received £50 in gift cards for Christmas - Unaware until this afternoon that you can no longer use a normal gift card to purchase things online at boots.com! I use a gift card to buy something in October so they have changed it since then. You instead have to use an e-voucher. Looked online (out of curiosity) to see what it says about purchasing with a gift card - it took me TWENTY MINUTES to find ANYTHING. I had to look through all the q&a's, and then do a search for it. Then, I went to the purchase a gift card page - there are 3 sections: Gift card, E-vouchers and paper vouchers.

It says the paper vouchers and the gift card can be used in store, and the e-vouchers online.

It doesn't say on either the gift card OR paper vouchers page online that they cannot be used online. But it does say it on the back of the card and vouchers. *sigh*

I spent an hour compiling a massive email to boots stating that, and asking them to consider making it clearer to customers.

Body Shop has never had the facility to use gift cards online sadly. That is the only stuff I use and always ask for it for special occasions when anyone asks. If they get me a gift card I have to wait until I go near a branch which is once in a blue moon.
    Didn't realise Boots did the same.

As for leather, nothing else suits my feet but leather so I have to buy shoes and boots in it. Shame really as there are some lovely manmade material styles about and they are so much cheaper.

I shop at boots on a regular basis and have never been aware that they have changed it. I also buy my sister gift cards and in september, there was not an e-voucher option. Very, very sneaky! I don't go into boots stores as I find them too busy for my liking. I love the body shop..I'm hitting their online sale next. I use their tea tree oil range(Always have, even since I was a girl - it's kept me completely blemish free since 11!) but I'm upset that they discontinued my favourite ever scent, which was Moon Flower.

I understand why people buy leather..I personally hate the smell and feel of it. I always wear man-made materials shoe-wise. Just a shame I'm so fussy when it comes to my footwear. I have just bought a pair of shoe-boot type things, which aren't leather. I just hope they don't cause my tendonitis to flare up in my feet!

does anyone know if pets at home deliver? i had a £20 gift card for christmas to get the furries some treats but my local pets at home is about 10 miles away. i guess all shops are online now. Actuslly i will go and look.