Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all - iv'e been a away for a while

Hello all - iv'e been a away for a while

just popped in after been away for so long and wanted to say hello to all those who knew me on here.

was away as I couldn't hack things after loosing dad so basically took time out for a while.

took on a young rescue cat/kitten who is fully occupying me and has worked wonders for my life. just bought him a new football toy which he is loving, never seen a cat playing football before and really made me giggle.

any way I will wish all on here the best for Christmas and the new year, going to be strange for me over this period without dad.

t.c all,

mike

Hello there Mikey, good to see you posting and hear you are well although upset about the loss of your dad.
    this Christmas will be hard for us as well as my youngest brother passed away in July this year so it's our first Christmas without him around.
    Onwards and upwards as they say.
    Take Care xx
    Sea Queen

i dont know you as im quite new here. But i understand how your feeling. i lost my two best friends this year in july and august. They were my only friends and friends since school. They both helped me a lot and im lost without them. One died after a 2 yr fight with liver cancer, aged 45, and my other friend fell down the stairs a month later and died instantly aged 44. I lost my cat on the day of the funeral, my guinea pigs in november and had to put my beloved dog to sleep 3 weeks ago and i had to sell most of my belongings to save the life of my cat who was savaged by a dog .

But i have my other rescue dog and my cat has recovered from her injuries and they are my reason for getting up in the morning. Iv just recieved a good pip award to start in january. The council have just put me on the priority housing list for a two bedroom flat (and my pip award was the final decider for this)
    Things are not good and christmas will be hard, but i will get through it as i know better things are on the way for me :-)
    i know how much happiness animals can bring. i wish you and your little kitty a happy-as-can-be christmas.
    Maybe we can all check in here over xmas and keep eachother company at the lonely times. x

Hi mikey,

I think I was just a newbie here when you were a regular, but I remember some of your posts.
    Christmas is always a bit of a sad time remembering those who aren't with us, but it does get better.

Nice to see you back again.

BTW. you haven't said what the cat is called?

Good to see you back and so glad that your kitten/cat chose you as it's human! I still remember when our cat, Pineapple, chose us

It is going to be a very difficult Christmas for a lot of people. I'm struggling a little as it's the first year without my Nanna, who passed away in February..I'm dreading christmas morning as our tradition is going to visit her, say hi, have a cup of tea(or coffee) with her and my uncle, and then come home..we will still be visiting my uncle but it'll be hard as he lives in Nanna's bungalow Plus i'll be thinking about other people we have lost over the year, too.

Your cat will bring you a lot of joy and comfort - I know ours has!

Welcome back. This year has been difficult for me as struggling with new symptoms since February and no firm diagnosis yet. However, my 'boomerangs' came back - my eldest son and youngest daughter. My eldest son has now moved out - again, but permanently this time (hopefully!) as he has secured affordable housing (just across the road from us), in order to be my youngest sons carer, and my youngest daughter has moved back home after spending time abroad and no joy on the employment front since being back in UK. So, full house and lots of changes - very noisy, as they all get on very well and are extremely LOUD.

I just lost my last post. Welcome back - great to have you with us again. Difficult year for me coming to terms with new symptoms since February and still no diagnosis. However, other changes that were not so unpleasant - my 2 'boomerangs' came back (young adult children who moved out for a time and came back home - they know when they're on a good thing lol). My eldest son moved back in June, but is now in his own place across the road from us, being my youngest son's carer, and my youngest daughter is back home after living abroad for a few months. So, lots of changes and lots of NOISE.

I'm finally catching up with the forums properly with a bit of a lull in the Christmas marathon.

It's really good to have you back, mikey, and to meet (virtually) your feline owner. It would be lovely to have an introduction at some point.

Cats can provide a wonderful focus as well as lots of entertainment. My girlfriend has two rescue cats, who are great company for her.

I wish you well in the continuing adjustment to losing your father, and hope you have been surrounded by love this Christmas.

flymo when I get time I will upload a photo I have of Felix, was very timid at the time but had only just got him then now fully settled in and coursing havocs like all young cats do.

as for family feel so so disappointed, they all made promise to keep in touch after loosing dad but sadly over the weeks even though they are all on facebook it seems they have dropped off messaging me and i am get a bit angry and frustrated. they have all but stopped messaging my brother as well.. seems they are all too wrapped up with their own family, but as I say it doesn't take a minute just to do a message or even phone.

I do have a step sister and again the same thing has happened to her with her own relatives.

I could just scream at them all.

Hi Mikey our cat Tink chose us.She was living in the garage site behind us and you couldn't get near her but one day 2 years ago she let me stroke her and she followed me home.I opened a tin of Tuna for her and she's never left.We wouldn't be without her now.We took her to the vets to see if she was chipped and spayed chipped no spayed yes.The vet thought she was about 4 and has either made her way home after living around here or she had been dumped.She is one spoilt puss cat and made such a difference in our lives.