Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: formal capability meeting at work

Just to update this thread, i saw the OH doctor and he agreed that my sick leave is very plainly affected by the medication I have to take. In his report he wrote that and he also put that my long term illness is covered by the disability discrimination act. Not quite sure what that means to me. Last week my manager handed me a letter stating that the capability procedure is now closed due to my improved attendance. It goes on to say the procedure will be re-opened should i not be able to reach the company's expectation, e.g. 2 occassions or 4 days in any 6 month period.
    In his report their doctor stated that in terms of how much sick leave i would have to take due to my condition could only be estimated by how much i have already had to take off, due to the unpredictable way an illness may be picked up in public places etc.
    Does all this make sense and sound right?

Anyone able to help with this query as this letter is worrying me because my understanding was that an illness covered by the DDA would not be able to be used as a reason to put someone through a disciplinary procedure, am i right? This letter would suggest I have been subject to a disciplinary procedure!

sorry I can't answer your questions but I thought the disability discrimination act was replaced by the Equality Act quite a few years ago (2010?)