Thread: Oral appeal hearing next month for DLA in front of a tribunal for PTSD/SOCIAL PHOBIA?

Oral appeal hearing next month for DLA in front of a tribunal for PTSD/SOCIAL PHOBIA?

hi
    I applyed for dla for first time in march.i got my mother to fill in the form as it was too much for me.i was refused because the dla contacted my Gp for some sort of report,but my "new GP" had only seen me a 5 times and knew very little of the extent of my illnesses.I now have a date for an oral hearing and its making me sick with worry.my mother contacted CAB for some help,they took over from then and are going to the oral appeal with me.
    I suffer from extreme social phobia and post tramatic stress/anxiety/depressionknee problems.I have highly medicated for these illnesses for a few years.My family always be there to give me medication to make sure i take it.to cut a long story shot,i was invoved in car accident some years ago and some of my friend tht were in our were burnied alive and other 2 left brain damaged.even thought it was drunk driver that hit our car,everyone blamed me because i was the only real surviour in our car."i was back seat driver in my friends car".I was attacked in the past by a gang over this,i was beat to a pulp and i am afraid to go anywere.i cannot leave the house and if i really have,i need someone with me"family member".My family cook/clean and do alot for me,i would just stay locked in my bedroom if was left to me.my knees are really bad and give way and i need a crutch incase i fall.i was supposed to get an operation but could not attend because iam afraid to leave the house.there is always a family member staying with me day/night.
    i am sick even thinking about going to this oral appeal.i no i will just freeze and have to leave the meeting becuse of my mental illnesses.
    i am really not wanting to go.
    should i try and explain to the tribunal why i am like this or do they care?
    thanks for any help
    Last edited by micky007; 04-01-15 at 17:04.

Are you applying for DLA or PIP? New DLA claims have only been possible for those under 16 since June 2013 - new claims for those aged 16 to 64 are now for PIP.

Whichever benefit you are applying for, it's great that CAB will be representing you at tribunal. Let your representative protect your interests - the important thing is for you to attend if at all possible. Don't worry if you freeze up or your symptoms show in some other way, as the panel will understand symptoms consistent with the problems you reported in your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    Are you applying for DLA or PIP? New DLA claims have only been possible for those under 16 since June 2013 - new claims for those aged 16 to 64 are now for PIP.

Whichever benefit you are applying for, it's great that CAB will be representing you at tribunal. Let your representative protect your interests - the important thing is for you to attend if at all possible. Don't worry if you freeze up or your symptoms show in some other way, as the panel will understand symptoms consistent with the problems you reported in your claim.
    hi.it must be PIP.will they ask me about what medication i am taking,as i cant prononce there names.what will they ask me?i no my mind will go blank and i wont be able to even took at 3 strange people never mind talk to them.

ask your GP for a copy of your repeat medications list if you dont already have one.

im so sorry what has happened to you. take care. x