Thread: pip assessement was stopped

pip assessement was stopped

hi i wanted a bit of advice please i had a pip assessement about 6 months ago at home i suffer from severe depresion/anxiety and very high blood pressure ive been admited to hospital with blood presure which goes to 220 i had my assessement for about an hour and the lady said i need to take your blood pressure when she took it it was 230 she asked me to stand up to do bodily funksions i told her i can not stand due to stress dizzyness and confusion she told me she was going to end the assesment because my bp was so high and she would look at my form at the office to finish the rest of . 3months later i get another letter for another assesesment again to go through it all again my wife phoned them up and told them i alredy had this done and she ended it due to stress and high bp they said they still got come out again because she did not do my bodly funksions so my wife said im not going let you put him through all that again when you ended the otherone afetr an hour and they said you will have to cancel it altoghter then and if you do i would have to start a new claim any adivice please

Hi Mikey,

Your blood pressure does sound high.

Don't cancel any assessment as it's an ongoing claim and you will receive back pay to the date you applied for PIP and you will have suffered for nothing

Would you feel less stressed if the assessor came to see you in your home - just a thought and worth requesting in my opinion.

hi thanks for reply the assessement was done at home and she stoped it after 1hr because my bp was 230

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    hi thanks for reply the assessement was done at home and she stoped it after 1hr because my bp was 230
    Obviously there has been a mistake on behalf of the person carrying out the assessment in not forwarding what happened to the DWP, however, unless a further assessment is carried out you will not receive a decision on whether you are eligible for pip or not.

Whether they are right or wrong, working yourself up trying to argue with them will only raise your blood pressure more.

If there was not enough information to complete the assessment report following the terminated face to face assessment and the assessment provider wishes to make a new appointment, you have three options:
    • submit to a further face to face assessment
    • attempt to provide a sufficiently detailed account of your functional limitations, backed where possible by medical evidence, to make a further face to face assessment unnecessary, or
    • do neither of these, in which case it will be reported back to DWP that you refused to submit to assessment and your claim will almost certainly be refused for failing to submit to assessment without good cause

As others have said, your best option is to submit to further assessment. Providing an account of your functional limitations at this late stage may well not change anything. You will be no better off if you make a new claim and by doing so you will give up any claim to PIP before the date you phone to start a new claim.

It would be worth contacting the assessment provider to discuss what arrangements can be made to give you the best possible chance of completing the assessment and ask what medical evidence, if any, they need for those arrangements.