Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford KUGA?

Excellent stuff

My friend and I picked both of ours up on the Tuesday & Wednesday before Christmas, he rang me this afternoon to say he'd been out and saw one in Tiger Eye, was about to go say hello when he realised it wasn't me in mine!.

I am looking at Kuga's for our next car. I don't know much about cars but there are two things which are important for myself and my partner. Access in/out of the passenger seat and wheelchair stowage room in the boot. My partner has a power chair and would use a hoist to place the chair in the boot. What are appearance and convenience packs?

I would be grateful for any advice as regards the Kuga. I am the named driver as my partner is unable to drive due to his disabilities.

LisaG
    Hi Winterlily. The access in and out is important for me too. I need to just be able to slide in as opposed to going low. I don't know if the chair would fit in the boot, I can say that it is very spacious though. The appearance pack means you get the tinted windows, front and rear parking sensors and the silver rails on top. I have paid extra to have the convenience too. This includes puddle lights, folding wing mirrors and park assist. Go and have a look and test drive with your partner and see what you think :-)
    I ordered the 2 ltr, 180, Titanium X in Magnetic at the end of December and should take delivery in March.

Just to clarify, the appearance pack only includes rear parking sensors not front & rear.

Entry/exit is very easy, I'm about 6'5" with joint/mobility problems and I can get in and out OK, my son who is 6'3" uses the passenger side now and again and has no problems at all.

Again no idea about fitting the chair in the boot, it's quite high so you get a good amount of space and with the extra height may be better suited to fitting a wheelchair in. I'm sure there must be wheelchair users on here who have a Kuga and no doubt one of them will post a reply as well.

Other than that it's a great car, nice relaxing drive and plenty of power. If you go for the added convenience pack remember to make sure the dealer doesn't try to overcharge! it should only be £275 not the usual £550 as the rear parking sensors are already included in the free appearance pack you get being a Motability customer

Thanks for your help Phaedra and Lisa,

Going to the dealers later this week. Hopefully, should have a better idea then. We currently have a C-Max Titanium and am happy with this. However, my partner fancies the Kuga.....if it's suitable then a Kuga it will probably be! Thanks for the tips as regards the convenience pack!

Hi Just to clarify the Appearance pack consists of Roof Rails and Privacy Glass. This £350 option is currently available on the Titanium and Titanium X models free of charge to Motability customers.
    The Convenience pack consists of front and rear parking sensors, electric folding mirrors and the self parking feature. This is priced at £550 but as Motability customers get the rear parking sensors free most dealers would offer it at the price of £275.

Hi Just to clarify the Appearance pack consists of Roof Rails and Privacy Glass. This ?350 option is currently available on the Titanium and Titanium X models free of charge to Motability customers.
    The Convenience pack consists of front and rear parking sensors, electric folding mirrors and the self parking feature. This is priced at ?550 but as Motability customers get the rear parking sensors free most dealers would offer it at the price of ?275.

If it is a Motability car and you order any options beyond the standard as listed under the scheme.

Most likely it will ordered from the Factory and delivered depending on their manufacturing timetable.

LisaG
    You are right Phaedra. I paid the £275 to have the front sensors too. (stupid memory ;-)