Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford KUGA?

LisaG

Ford KUGA?

Now I am eligable for a car I really want the AWD 2.0 Titanium X. Not looking until after christmas though, and I think they change what cars are available in Jan. Am I right in thinking that? Also, do you know if it is something that they would be able to supply straight away or do they order from the factory?? I am looking to actually recieve it in March.

1. No, generally they change the prices rather than the cars available, unless the model has been deleted/is new/has gone above the £2k limit (but even then may still be available).

2. They may be able to supply straight away (between 4 days and 2 weeks) if the dealer has yours in group stock, if you order any options or an Auto or any other combination of those then you may struggle. I believe most people have managed to receive their orders between 2 and 10 weeks on here.

3. If you order in January then I can't see why it wouldn't be available to you by March.

Hope you enjoy the car, and let us know how you get on.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

There is very little stock of the new MY15.25 Kugas at the moment, most people on the Kuga forums are reporting about a 7 to 10 week wait depending on model, additional packs and colour chosen, back in October it was around 4 months. My friend managed to get a 2014 140 2WD version ordered about a month ago and is picking it up on Wednesday morning, it didn't have the roof rails and privacy glass which are included free with Motability orders so they're swapping out the rear door windows for him.

As a heads up, if you're thinking of adding the convenience pack make sure you're not overcharged for it, some dealers are charging the full £550 for it when it should only be £275 as the rear parking sensors in the pack are already provided free by Ford as part of the Motability order.

I'm picking up my MY15.25 150 2WD on Tuesday afternoon, it's in Tiger Eye, a very subdued colour as you can see below

Last edited by phaedra; 21-12-14 at 11:56.

LisaG
    It looks lovely. I went to the garage yesterday. I'm having the 2.0ltr AWD Titanium X in Sterling Grey. Ordered for collecting in March ?? I will look into the convenience pack. I had discounted it due to price but will think again if it is £275. Especially as the dealer Is knocking £100 off the deposit.

There is one of these in that colour driving around my home town.

In real life the colour is a bit more subdued than it appears in the photograph, probably just the way the studio lights are shining on it as opposed to natural daylight.

LisaG
    Took your advice & rang the dealer about the convenience pack. They said £550. I reminded them that the rear sensors were included and came back with £275. Ordered it ??

Lisa, good news on the pack discount

I'd ask the dealer to double check the order as Sterling Grey was dropped around September. There were a few orders accepted for it in October but anything ordered after that would have to be from the new colour range. It was replaced with Magnetic which is quite similar, there's a load of information on the UK Kuga forum, here's a thread about Sterling Grey,

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/foru...ling+grey&PN=2

Just out of interest, are you going for petrol or diesel?, if petrol it should have the new 1.5 Ecoboost not the 1.6, if it's diesel it should be either a 150 or 180ps not the 140 or 163, the second figures are for the previous models not the new MY15.25 which is what you should be getting if you're having to wait until March.
    Last edited by phaedra; 22-12-14 at 08:13.

LisaG
    I just found out yesterday abput the colour changes. Will go for the Magnetic. I have opted for the Diesel. Never had a diesel before but as I do a lot of miles thought it would be cheaper to run in the long run. I will look at the Kuga Owners Club.

There's a lot of good information on there

LisaG
    Signed for it on Sat and requested it for March. Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180bhp in Magnetic Grey. With appearance and convenience pack :-)