This may be a little long.

So we have had a new carpet laid on Saturday and since Sunday I felt there was a bit of a smell, not the new carpet smell which I really like, but a bit of a musty smell IMO.

I am very smell sensitive and it's giving me a bit of a headache everyday. When I come in from being out I can smell it and it's not great, which it should be with new carpet.

My mother is not smell sensitive, the other year there was a rotting onion in the pantry and I said it smelt and she told me my nose was to close to my behind.

So I have explained to her I can smell something, she of course cannot and thinks it's new carpet smell, we have found off cuttings that were left the carpet smells nice and the underlay smells somewhat musty to me. It must be the underlay that is giving off the smell.
When I go down onto the floor it smells musty close to and it's just not pleasant to me.

I don't know what to do or if anything even can be done. In all honesty I wasn't impressed with the fitters in the first place. My Mother cannot smell anything (but she has little sense of smell) and doesn't want any trouble with the men. They were an independent.

I'm not sure what to do, has anyone had a similar problem.