Thread: Heads up for those waiting on '' The Phone Call '' From DWP re PIP Decisions

Heads up for those waiting on '' The Phone Call '' From DWP re PIP Decisions

Below is a link taking You to The Website of one of The Unions who represent Employees for DWP. It is quite interesting hearing things from ''The other side '' of the fence. However a worrying detail shown See the heading '' Trial of not giving explanations to customers '' that may go a long way to explain Why people are not getting The Phone call to discuss Their PIP decision. After seeing this I would advise everyone Who is wanting a Reconsideration of their award to Send the request in writing straight away as You may miss out re the time scales if You Wait for ''The Phone Call ''

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/department_...s.cfm/pip-news

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

That makes VERY interesting reading!!! and partly expains why a number of MR's are fairly successful - given that it says 'straightforward' decisions are being made by band B staff.....and that additional info is not being sought from customers.......so basically a lot of these additional staff they need are probably only needed for all the 'double handling' of claims!!! Which if they did them right in the first place, wouldn't be necessary..... ooh I'm on a soapbox! Thanks for sharing that...as mum to one of the Vulnerable customers with additional needs I shudder to think how my son would fare without me as his appointee :/

Thanks for that dukedog, that site has been bookmarked and I will be doing more reading over there.

Another interesting point is their dissatisfaction with ESA assessment statments being used in PIP decision making, as they point out ATOS had been critisised for the poor quality of the ESA reports, so why use these poor quality reports again?

All in all I think that what reading their concerns shows is that its not a case of Claimants Vs DWP staff, but more a case of Claimants and Staff Vs DWP 'Higher Ups'.

Thanks for the heads up on this. It explains why I am still waiting for a phone call from the DM with regards to discussing my assessment and pending submitting a MR.
    Twice i have phoned and been told different stories as and when the DM will call me. So first job in the morning is to draft up a letter and get it posted. I shall also include the info from the link the op posted and challenge them on being grossly unfair on claimants. Promising phone calls that are unlikely to happen.

I will also cc my local MP Ed Milliband.