Thread: UN International Day of People with Disability

UN International Day of People with Disability

Original post now deleted, as the first response sets the pursuing agenda by unnecessarily bringing politics into a matter where it was not at all necessary to do so. It's a shame. The author of the document which I attempted to bring to the attention of this forum, allbeit she is an elected Councillor of a political party, did nonetheless raise some relevant and non-political points which I believed to be of interest to some of you. Sadly it is not to be.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisD; 05-12-14 at 02:35. Reason: See new text

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Finally let me reiterate. I know that the author is a representative of a well known political party, but let's keep politics out of it.
    Hi Chris,

Whilst we are all aware of these issues, I have to say that the fact that your link is to the website of a political party, and so is obviously going to reflect the party agenda, means that you have opened the discussion from a political point of view.
    You can't start by using politics and then ask others not to.

The whole benefits system is a matter of government legislation, i.e. politics.

That means that any response has to reflect the politics.

So without discussing politics all I can say is - PASS.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-12-14 at 01:31. Reason: Political comment removed.

Sorry Chris I don't accept your edited post.

As I said, you original post had a direct link to a political party's website.

You started with the politics and now blame me for bringing it up after you have removed it?
    It would have been more honest to let your OP stand and let others make up their own minds.

No further comments from me on this thread.

Arghhh!
    I said no more comments, but I feel I have to apologise for my poor choice of language in my previous post.

Chris, I did not mean to question your honesty by any means, I apologise unreservedly.

Please re-read the line in my previous post as:

"It would have shown more sincerity to let your OP stand and let others make up their own minds."