Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting myself worked up over impending reassessment for esa.

Getting myself worked up over impending reassessment for esa.

I am a mess,can't eat,sleep,can barely even think and need some advice please

From October 9th 2013 i was put in the support group for 18 months,it was a transfer from income support,now i know that you can be reasessed at any point after 3 months but if i count up to 18 that makes it April 9th next year that the full 18 months is up.

Which means i am probably going to get my next form from Atos very soon but does anyone know roughly when to expect it assuming they do stick with 18 months and don't do it sooner?

I could not be in a worse position,my lovely helpful gp is on maternity leave and last i heard she was coming back next february,she has a doctor that works with her and i have seen her,she is also very good with my illness but i have never brought up the subject of esa with her and she is now also away for 2 weeks,i know this because my daughter needed an appointment and was told it would be in the new year now so she opted to see someone else.

Thing is no one else knows me or my illness in that practice,we only have 4 doctors plus one locum in total and one is very new.

Added to that i have very little support from the mental health team now because i was not making progress so they said there was no point in me seeing anyone week to week and for the past 9 months they have just had it so that if i hit crisis i call and speak to someone on the team which is fine but it is always a duty person and not someone regular who gets to know your entire problems,i don't know what,if any records they even keep of crisis calls.

Consultants only see people in my area now if they want to discuss a change in medication and that isn't happening because i am as settled as i can be in that respect.

Now i know i sound hysterical because as of now the new form has not yet even arrived but it will do any day i just know it and then i will desperately need some supporting evidence.

So i worked out that if it turns up in the next few weeks i am stuffed because they will want it back within 4 weeks,Christmas will slow the post down so i will need to send it even sooner and the only gp i can even approach is away for 2 weeks and has no appointments until new year.

So if i get the form i could fill it in but for evidence i suppose it would be a case of waiting for her to return and then maybe we could ask for her to do a phone appointment so we could explain the problem and beg her to fit me in somehow.

Again i know i am being hysterical,i have not yet got this form but it's going to happen and i was even too scared to talk about it because it will just make it happen sooner but i need to get a plan,i need to know what to do when it arrives.

So if it comes this side of Christmas i should fill it in and then wait for gp to come back,ring her and explain,does that sound right? Obviously i cannot wait for my usual one to return in february but the 'replacement' gp is my only hope and might help.

I was going to show her the letter my usual gp wrote last time and go over why nothing has changed,i so wish my usual gp was back but there is nothing i can do about that part.

It's got to the point where my hair has started falling out again and i shake with fear everytime the postman arrives because i don't know when it's coming but i know it is and to top it off all hope of getting evidence is gone for at least two weeks,maybe more.

I am sorry to have gone on so much,i know everyone else here is suffering too and i hate to be a burden but i can't keep this in anymore,my husband said we will work something out but what i do not know and i am just praying the form doesn't turn up until new year when help will be easier to get but it doesn't work like that

i know where you are coming from here as i suffer a similar anxiety. if the esa form comes, great if you can wait for doc, but if your anxious send the form in as i think with esa you can forward on supporting evidence after the form has gone in. Someone else will come along with proper advice for you, but just wanted to say i dont think your hysterical. your getting yourself prepared for this. Try not to let it ruin christmas as if you havent had the form yet it sounds like nothing will change before christmas anyway. x

if they are on time with your renewal you should get the form 2to3 months before your due date (the system is in backlog so could be a lot later). you can download a new ESA50 and start to get it filled in now and then keep updating it until its needed.

here's a link to ESA50, you need to download it to your computer first then you can fill it in (you dont have to use the one they send you) but whichever one you use must be back to them by the date you are told.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...FZ7qSfv66ne1fQ

Thank you both,so 2-3 months if on time might just get me into the new year which would be massively helpful because by that time i can see the replacement gp who i am hoping will help,she will be back from her 2 weeks off if we can get into the new year so fingers crossed for that and thank you for the link too,i will download that and make a start then change anything if need be.

sandy i really appreciate you understanding my fears,my husband knows what a huge mountain esa and ATOS are but he is more of a 'deal with it when it arrives' type where with me i go to pieces well in advance just because i know to expect it but i need to get my mind in gear.

I know my husband will help all he can and contact people,he has said he will contact mental health team and ask for help as well as gp so he is great with me but i am the sort of person that gets fixed on a worry and needs to have a plan in place or i go into despair,just getting a week into the new year would make a huge difference because then i can arrange to get my evidence sorted but if it does happen sooner deep down i know she will be back in 2 weeks and we can at least consult her by letter or phone and explain the predicament,if i breath and keep thinking that it helps me not to feel so lost and alone.

Once again thank you both,we will wait and see what comes about,have these things in place and then like everyone start the battle again xx

i understand your anxiety. I make myself ill worrying about things long before i need to. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Last year i was worried how i would pay for an MOT and tax for my tiny camper van. I dont drive the van at all and havent for a year, but im obsessive about keeping it on the road despite the objections of mental health team and family. i cant afford to keep it but i have too. i was homeless once and the fact this van is mine comforts me that i will never be homeless again as long as i have it. Its my safe space but it drives everyone insane as i cant afford to keep it on the road and i have nowhere to park it up. But last year i knew noone would help me with mot and tax / insurance etc. So my answer was to sell everything i owned. My jewellery, record collection, tv etc. The van passed MOT, i had a little backpayment from esa that they had forgotten to give me. I sold all my things when there was no need. It was blind panic. i do lots of things like this. I cant help it. its not my personality, its an illness. I really feel for you having to manage this level of anxiety. Its exhausting. Be kind to yourself.x

In a document released last week the goverment admitted that "regular reassessments for ESA" have been put on hold until the backlog of new claims has been reduced.

We have suspected this for a while, and some DWP staff have said it also, but it seems to be the first time that the government has actually put this down in black and white for the public to see.

What this means is that for the forseeable future unless you have a change of circumstances your regular reassessment will be defered until they are less busy.
    It has been suggested elsewhere that they are just re-awarding the last period again, but nothing I have yet seen confirms this.

Just when they will start regular reassessments again is unknown, it will probably also depend upon where you live as some places have longer backlogs than others.

my partner has atos tomorrow his is a regular reassessments for ESA, we filled in his form over a year ago, i asked dwp on the phone as i thought that only new claims where being delt with and was told no, i am a bag of nurves thinking our esa will be stopped for xmas if he gets 0 point its horrible

Once again thank you to everyone,booogie i am so sorry you have all of this worry,it is so much to cope with on top of existing stress and illness,i so hope it all goes well for your partner tomorrow and you both get some peace for a while.

What i read was that if a person was referred after January 2014 to be reasessed they would be put on hold,if it was before that it would go ahead but then i read it wasn't true,i also read as nukecad said that it was true but only just been confirmed and that it was area based too so some may be put on hold whilst others are not,you just don't know with them do you? And i know it's so very hard.

Sandy i am sorry you had to go through that but i do understand it and yes it is the illness,it's like a hyper worry and a desperate need to have control over something that makes sure you wont feel desolate in that way again,i had to hand over control of all our shopping to my husband because i grew up in a poor family and as a child sometimes we had no food or basic things we needed.

I got into a state where i would buy so many tins of food that i broke the cupboard with the weight of them and then the breaking point came when he found me slumped on the kitchen floor sobbing because i 'only' had 40 shower gels,40 plus body sprays and bottles of bubble bath and i was hysterical thinking we would run out.

He had let me ponder on with it to a point i suppose believing it was helping me but when he saw me like that i think we both knew enough was enough and it was not healthy or practical so he does it now.

I have children and you know you don't plan on getting this ill when you have them then it happens and leaves you panicking about how you will provide them with what they need,that and my own childhood plus my awful anxiety was like a landslide and not for anything but we simply cannot afford for me to be like that,i still would if my husband let me though,it's like a compulsion.

I am so grateful for the help and advice,sometimes just writing it out helps,you see how you are going to deal with it if it happens like 'I will fill in the form,a doctor will be back in 2 weeks,she has no appointments but we can ring her' and so on,it helps to have a plan.

Once again Booogie i am sorry you are suffering this,i am thinking of you and hoping with you that your fears are unfounded but i know that until you find out it's just stress,i will be back even if my form is delayed and i hope you will have a positive update,every payment date is fear date but i tell myself however hard they make it they will get a fight because when you are truly ill to be told you are not fills you with a certain anger and fuels that fight in you.

You all be kind to yourselves too and take care xx

Quote Originally Posted by booogie123 View Post
    my partner has atos tomorrow his is a regular reassessments for ESA, we filled in his form over a year ago, i asked dwp on the phone as i thought that only new claims where being delt with and was told no, i am a bag of nurves thinking our esa will be stopped for xmas if he gets 0 point its horrible
    Good luck with your assessment tomorrow.

The fact that you have been waiting for over a year since you sent in an ESA50 shows just how bad the backlog was/is in your area.
    Unfortunately it seems you were put in the system before they decided to put regular reassessments on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried View Post
    I am a mess,can't eat,sleep,can barely even think and need some advice please

From October 9th 2013 i was put in the support group for 18 months,it was a transfer from income support,now i know that you can be reasessed at any point after 3 months but if i count up to 18 that makes it April 9th next year that the full 18 months is up.

Which means i am probably going to get my next form from Atos very soon but does anyone know roughly when to expect it assuming they do stick with 18 months and don't do it sooner?

I could not be in a worse position,my lovely helpful gp is on maternity leave and last i heard she was coming back next february,she has a doctor that works with her and i have seen her,she is also very good with my illness but i have never brought up the subject of esa with her and she is now also away for 2 weeks,i know this because my daughter needed an appointment and was told it would be in the new year now so she opted to see someone else.

Thing is no one else knows me or my illness in that practice,we only have 4 doctors plus one locum in total and one is very new.

Added to that i have very little support from the mental health team now because i was not making progress so they said there was no point in me seeing anyone week to week and for the past 9 months they have just had it so that if i hit crisis i call and speak to someone on the team which is fine but it is always a duty person and not someone regular who gets to know your entire problems,i don't know what,if any records they even keep of crisis calls.

Consultants only see people in my area now if they want to discuss a change in medication and that isn't happening because i am as settled as i can be in that respect.

Now i know i sound hysterical because as of now the new form has not yet even arrived but it will do any day i just know it and then i will desperately need some supporting evidence.

So i worked out that if it turns up in the next few weeks i am stuffed because they will want it back within 4 weeks,Christmas will slow the post down so i will need to send it even sooner and the only gp i can even approach is away for 2 weeks and has no appointments until new year.

So if i get the form i could fill it in but for evidence i suppose it would be a case of waiting for her to return and then maybe we could ask for her to do a phone appointment so we could explain the problem and beg her to fit me in somehow.

Again i know i am being hysterical,i have not yet got this form but it's going to happen and i was even too scared to talk about it because it will just make it happen sooner but i need to get a plan,i need to know what to do when it arrives.

So if it comes this side of Christmas i should fill it in and then wait for gp to come back,ring her and explain,does that sound right? Obviously i cannot wait for my usual one to return in february but the 'replacement' gp is my only hope and might help.

I was going to show her the letter my usual gp wrote last time and go over why nothing has changed,i so wish my usual gp was back but there is nothing i can do about that part.

It's got to the point where my hair has started falling out again and i shake with fear everytime the postman arrives because i don't know when it's coming but i know it is and to top it off all hope of getting evidence is gone for at least two weeks,maybe more.

I am sorry to have gone on so much,i know everyone else here is suffering too and i hate to be a burden but i can't keep this in anymore,my husband said we will work something out but what i do not know and i am just praying the form doesn't turn up until new year when help will be easier to get but it doesn't work like that
    Hello your not a burden ..you sound exactly like me with the worrying thoughts ..if this makes you feel any better they are facing a MASSIVE backlog ..I had an assessment 9 weeks ago and no result .
    I was meant to be reassessed in March and didn't get forms till September ..I'm in north east .
    I myself am scared il have no money for christmas ..when I rang they said I scored enough points and not to worry yet it's still with decision maker ..it's awful the waiting and worrying :-(
    Try not to worry ( I know easier said than done )