Thread: permitted work

permitted work

morning im in receipt of esa support group am i able to do permitted work while in this group
    Shaun

You need to speak with a disability adviser at JC+, there's a heap of regulation in relation to 'permitted work'.

Support group

You don’t have to go to interviews, but you can ask to talk to a personal adviser. You’re usually in this group if your illness or disability severely limits what you can do.

i would be very careful as they may look at it that if you looking for permitted work.they mite consider you fit for work and could trigger a reassessment.

yes be very careful. i was in the care group. During an assessment they tricked me into giving xamples of what work i could do. i said i could only ever work from home with someone dropping off and picking up work. This is the truth but how many jobs exist like this that would enable me to support myself. i failed the assessment nd had my benefits stopped and was considered fit for work as i had said i could physically work from home. i didnt exactly say this. She was pressuring me for examples of 'in an ideal world what am i physically capable of doing?' My main support needs are related to a mental health condition so yes, there is a lot i could do physically, and im grateful for that, but in terms of fitting in with the job market my options are extremely limited. It took an appeal,a tribunal and ten months of absolute poverty and stress to get the benefits back and be placed back in the care group. i am also interested in permitted work but no way would i risk asking again while i feel this unwell.