Thread: Any chance for A Carers Sub Forum? Thoughts please!

Any chance for A Carers Sub Forum? Thoughts please!

Hi everyone! I have been a member of this forum for the past year and I will say it is probably the Most informative and Friendly one I have looked at. However I am not Disabled but a full time Carer for My Hubby and I was wondering if there was anyone else in the same position and whether it would be considered an idea for there to be a Sub Forum for Carers to discuss things like Carers benefits, Carers Support, etc.. I think in some ways it could work well as having discussions both from People who need care and support and those that provide it. Anyways I will leave it there and wait to see what anyone else thinks! By The way You have all, But especially Flymo, Helped Me in many ways the past year already and I thank You all.

A carer subforum does sound like a good idea, as it would collect all the carer related posts in one place, though it would need to be clear whether a question on carer benefits is expected to go in the carer or the benefits sub-forum.

Thanks for your kind words on a personal level - I hope your husband's PIP award is making life a little easier. My best wishes to you both.

I agree that a subforum for carers would be a great idea. Like dukedog, I am a carer for my hubby too. Although I visit other sites for advice, this one seems to be the most informative thanks to some amazing people on here.