Thread: Did we have the bailiffs in ???

Did we have the bailiffs in ???

What happened ??, looks like somebody forgot to pay the rent ___ ummm.
    Last edited by Jard; 21-11-14 at 09:17.

Was playing up for me yesterday so I gave up trying to get on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    What happened ??, looks like somebody forgot to pay the rent ___ ummm.
    love the comment.

I couldn't log in all day yesterday. Nice though it is almost back to normal. Seems we've lost a few posts along the way.

Trying to remember what answeres I posted yesterday morning, before the site went down, that have now been lost.

The site is still not quite right, I had a post go missing earlier. Didnt say it had gone for moderation, it just didnt post.

I also notice there are one or two problems with certain fonts/characters showing strangely, this sort of thing is normal after a forum crash and should soon be OK again.

It looks as though most of Wednesday's posts have disappeared. I posted on Tuesday evening about my PIP decision and most of the responses from Wednesday are missing, including Flymo's very helpful post

I wondered what went wrong. Yesterday, of all days, I needed this site because my f2f was today and I just wanted to read some threads to recap and be sure I was following all advice. Typical. Never mind, back up and running today.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    It looks as though most of Wednesday's posts have disappeared. I posted on Tuesday evening about my PIP decision and most of the responses from Wednesday are missing, including Flymo's very helpful post
    I have good news on that score. I use a browser plug-in that stores submissions I made for the past three weeks, so I can probably repost any of my answers that people notice are missing. I've just reposted my post in your thread.

That sounds handy Flymo.

Is it a Firefox plug-in?

It's the Lazarus plug-in for Firefox - the name is because it resurrects data from the dead.

I use the older Lazarus 2.3. Lazarus 3 exists, and has the ability to synchronise data between devices as well as work in several browsers, but there were issues when I tried it with it not working, also I believe there's issues around payment for the synchronisation service.

Lazarus 2 does what I want, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Edit to add: Like many older Firefox plug-ins, Lazarus 2 loses functionality on modern version of Firefox that have no add-on bar. You may want to install The Addon Bar (Restored) to bring back the add-on bar.
    Last edited by Flymo; 22-11-14 at 16:30.