Thread: Preparing for tribunal

Preparing for tribunal

I got my reconsideration today over the phone so still unsure what the reasons are but my original points where 6 for care and 4 for mobility

I have requested my medical notes and covering letters off all my doctors I've also got a letter of my career adult social services and my ex husband who won costady of our son on the grounds I'm to sick to care for him , do you think id need anything else ??

You seem to be concentrating on establishing a lot of detail about your medical condition, also about matters to do with parenting. These are all of limited relevance to PIP.

PIP is awarded based how your medical conditions and disabilities affect your ability to carry out each of the PIP activities - the so-called functional effects of your condition. Your aim at tribunal is to make the case that these functional effects qualify you for enough points to be awarded PIP.

Throwing a load of evidence indicating that you have medical conditions and disabilities that could result in functional effects will not do - the tribunal can only go so far to make your case for you. It's a coherent and consistent explanation of your problems with the PIP activities, building on top of the medical evidence, that is crucial.

I have very limited strength today as I've nearly collapsed twice this morning. I commend the sticky PIP thread to you, and encourage you to review my previous posts on PIP.