Thread: Push rim cover problem solver GRIPPOZ!

Grippozman

Push rim cover problem solver GRIPPOZ!

Hi everyone. I am spreading the word if anyone in a wheelchair would like to get about without the strain & pain of self propelling, then please look at the link i have provided as i am sure that after Diana having Grippoz for 2yrs & loving life with them on her chair, I hope all wheelchair users will see the benefits Grippoz has to offer in this link. Please click on & Pre order Grippoz to help us help others. www.grippoz.com/kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grippozman View Post
    Hi everyone. I am spreading the word if anyone in a wheelchair would like to get about without the strain & pain of self propelling, then please look at the link i have provided as i am sure that after Diana having Grippoz for 2yrs & loving life with them on her chair, I hope all wheelchair users will see the benefits Grippoz has to offer in this link. Please click on & Pre order Grippoz to help us help others. www.grippoz.com/kickstarter.
    My wheelchair has been provided on long term loan by the NHS and came already fitted with comfortable hand-grips fitted to the propelling wheels. The product by Grippoz, whilst being somewhat colourful, is not by any means unique.

The disadvantage of hand-grips is that are vulnerable and easily damaged. For example I've had two sets damaged by the South Coast Ambulance Service whilst being boarded in or out of Patient Transport Ambulances. In my case however the NHS paid for the replacement items to be provided and fitted.

Chris

When I self propelled a manual wheelchair I found the only useful way of propelling any distance was to push the whole wheel and not just the rim. If you push using the wheel rims you are pushing through your fingers which is not the easiest way to push. I wore cycling gloves and just held the whole wheel.
    Last edited by catlover; 14-11-14 at 18:43.

Grippozman
    Well all i can say is Chris you have yet experienced Grippoz. Silicone with anti bacterial agent making them 99.9% germ free. 6mm thick with high tensile strength so it won't break or damage like the cheap ones you got from the Nhs. Diana had a pair i said they we're like shrink wrap, better not put them near heat they might stick to the rim & never get it off.
    We we're at Ninewells tort centre to fix a problem with Diana's leg, the technician asked where we got the push rim covers from, they are not available to buy yet etc etc. I told him a little story & before you know it the wheelchair manger wanted a pair for trialing as he said "the market is very poor when it comes to push rim covers & i like these a lot & would like more if you have".
    So Chris it might be a while before you get a pair from the Nhs. Best option is pre order to help yourself my friend that's why i started this project because so many people asked where to buy a pair, and after the roadshow in 2012 at Peterborough where we we're runner up in the coolest product of the year at the designers zone at the roadshow, where we exhibited my proto types & if i had 500pr i would have sold every pair.
    They say you won't know until you try, and as i am told i am very trying. Hope this helps Chris so look forward to a brighter future. Thanks Grippozman.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm considering updating my manual wheelchair at the moment, and can definitely see that they would help. I've tried some other hand grips, they didn't help at all, but these certainly look better. Lovely that you used your skills to help your wife (who looks so proud in the clip :-) ) and others. Shall certainly consider them when I know where I'm at chair wise.

Grippozman
    Hi Catlover. The only thing about gloves is they are unhygenic & the dye runs when wet, and you still have too apply pressure to propel. With Grippoz you touch any part of you're hand & you're moving. Just like Diana says on Youtube. Look under Grippoz & see for yourself.
    Like i said to ChrisD Catlover, it was the people on the street & attending hospitals in Dundee & Perth which led us to the roadshow in 2012 where if i had 500pr i would have sold the lot because people loved them because they could feel & touch them & know what they are about.
    I started this Social Enterprise too help people in wheelchairs so if you have a look at the link Catlover i am sure you will not be disappointed just like them that steered us here to bring wheelchair users who self propel Grippoz. If we excede our budget which will hopefully climb towards the end like most platforms do, we are tooling for kids sizess aswell also bring the colour range into the mix if we get our budget. But to do that you need to watch the videos associated with Grippoz on Youtube,Facebook & Twitter. Relieve the strain & feel the gain with Grippoz, no more cold slippery rims at 3am when visiting the loo, protects the furniture due to the high tensile silicone strength Grippoz have but one of many.
    The platform is for you to decide Catlover & others that choose too.

Thanks
    Grippozman

Grippozman
    Thx Fliss. People have asked me why i have done this, my reason is because the people on the street & visiting hospitals asked where to buy a pair as i made Orange Red Yellow Purple Pink Blue Green, didn't do Black or Grey but have thrown them in aswell to give people a choice in life instead of going down the road everyone else goes down with Black Black or BLACK! It's okay for most things but i am different & love colour as it expresses ones inner self & i loved marbles as a kid i did, geee! when we think back eh!
    Spread the word Fliss because it is all or nothing, so hopefully if you like Grippoz & pre order, if we don't reach our budget no money is taken as i have ordered just like the few that have so far. Time is of the essence and Diana & I are confident yet we will succeed in our endeavour to bring Grippoz to the market for people who want to live again, and have a bright colourful addition to brighten up there chair depending on the moods we have from day to day, hence Black & Grey aswell.

Thanks
    Grippozman