Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waste of time & paper.

waste of time & paper.

I had an envelope drop through the front door this morning...... when I picked it up and checked it out.. I found that it was from the D.W.P...... I rushed into my lounge to open it, with a hint of anticipation.... could this "FINALLY" be the letter that I've been waiting for since Spring about my P.I.P. claim?.... But when I opened the letter....I found it was a generic one apologising for things taking so long ... I think this kind of letter is a waste of their time & Paper.... no wonder things take so long if they're using manpower in this way?
    Mind you... it also said that they now have the report about my condition and how it affects me, plus the additional evidence from medical professionals, that I sent to them.... so I'll just have to keep waiting I guess

I had the same thing f2f on 8th October, three weeks later the brown envelope - apologies there are delays.

Still waiting.

My letter from DWP apologising for the delay arrived last Monday. The 'Dear John' letter advising I've been refused Attendance Allowance arrived this morning just five days later. I've now added it to the file as another chapter where it joins the two refusals I had for DLA (the first at a time when I couldn't even stand up).

Some of you don't realise how lucky you are to be awarded state benefits.

Chris

ChrisD

I'd happily give up my DLA to have my life back. I worked for the same company for 13 years, had a good salary and a company car. Living on ESA and DLA is less than a fifth of what I was earning. Lost my home. I now live in a one bedroom rented property.

My transition DLA to PIP, the care component I'm on is Lower Rate, which doesn't exist in PIP. I'll either get zero or get standard. Still waiting for the brown letter.

Same here Amy...... I was a highly skilled man, earning a good wage..... the knowledge of how to do my old job is still in my mind, but my hands struggle to do what I know they should do.... same with my legs too.... I know how to run.... but my legs just won't do what I want them to, and I fall over.
    The D.V.L.A. have taken my driving licence off me, due to peripheral vision problems, so travel is something I don't do any more.
    I can just about cope with the change in circumstances to my wealth,but not being able to do what I used to... is heart breaking

me too. I had a career, my own house, friends, family, a social life and most of all, optimism. Its all gone. Im on my own in a sub standard council one bed flat. i came out of hospital this morning after trying to hang myself. i havent had one member of my 'family' reply to my texts or come to visit me today. my cat got attacked by a dog and her head all cut open, bleeding and pussing. My daughter wont answer my calls or messages to take her to vet for me even though i said its urgent. i have agraphobia. i cant leave my flat. iv got no food, very little electric so im going to be in darkness tommorow night and spend about two days a week with no electric. i cant remember the last time i had gas for heating. i have a white spot on the tip of my finger that the hospital said is due to cold. My guinea pig died last week and vet said it hyperthermia and i should have brought him in during cold weather. I didnt have the heart to say that my guinea pigs live indoors! Social services coming monday to talk to me about my recent suicide attempt and try and sort a bed on the psych ward. i wont go because iv got noone to my my animals. My family are ashamed of me and want me dead and gone. Please dont anyone say that cant be true because it is. They know iv been in hospital for a suicide attempt and not one of them has phoned or asked do i need anything. Its worse than that as iv been phoning them and texting, crying and begging for them to reply but nothing. This is my life. iv never done anything bad to anyone. worked hard all my life and helped people whenever i could. my daughter had a good loving upbringing and didnt want for anything but i only see her if he wants money. She has made me take out loans totalling over £4000. She never pays a penny towards it even tho bailiffs have taken my car, tv, jewellery etc. Im behind again and came home to another removal notice today. When i first got ill and lost my job, i lived on my savings. i didnt claim benefits until my house was repossessed. Money wont make a lot of difference to the way i feel but it will enable me to have the basics i need. i dont count myself lucky and given my problems are mental health in origin, i fully expect to be refused PIP.

Amy

I was an engineering manager earning a good salary before my declining health forced me to accept early retirement in 1999. I then struggled to exist for 12 years, slowly going further down hill health wise until 2012, when I finally had to undergo major spinal surgery losing my mobility in the process. As I stated previously, I currently receive no state benefits whatsoever and am now desperately short of money as a result. The only advantage I receive comes courtesy of the local Borough Council who allow me (a) a discount on the Council Rates; and (b) provision free-of-charge of a Community Alarm system.

When I was discharged from hospital I was placed into a care home for several months during which time I built up a staggering bill in excess of £6,500 for which I'm currently still paying off to Social Services.

Earlier this year I passed my 65th birthday and hence now receive a state pension. This caused Social Services to demand that I pay over the entire amount of my pension every month to clear their £6,500 bill. If I didn't comply they threatened to put a charge for the outstanding amount onto my home telling me that I would have to pay an administrative fee for them to cancel said charge.

I was at that time receiving two daily visits (morning & evening) from carers. Social Services then further knifed me in the back by reassessing my weekly contribution towards the carers because of the state pension. They increased my contribution payment to an amount which I simply could not afford. Hence there was no option other than for me to cancel the carers resulting in that I can no longer wash my entire body. They then came to remove my commode forcing me to climb up the stairs to the bathroom as and when on my hands and knees. Then to add insult to injury they then cancelled the taxi fares they had previously awarded me, thus I now only leave my home for 3 hours once a week using the Dial-a-Ride service to go to the local supermarket.

Not all disabled folk are fortunate enough to receive disability related benefits.

Chris

It's a fairly normal thing at present for those waiting for a PIP decision to receive a letter informing them that DWP have everything they need to make a decision.

Obviously, it would be better if the letter was a decision, but at least this letter lets the claimant know that the assessment provider has completed their work and DWP now have the assessment report. Amongst other things, it says that there is no longer any point sending additional evidence to the assessment provider, also it gives an indication that the decision is likely within six weeks if not sooner.

Hi Chrisd

It's probably not a good idea to suggest that anyone that receives disability related benefits is 'lucky'. As Amys and others have suggested they would happily give up these benefits if they could get their lives back as they were. My wife became severely disabled overnight as the result of a stroke and still, 8 years later, she has not been able to come to terms with her loss of independence and the restrictions that have been imposed on her life. Certainly the DLA payments and, in particular, the mobility element have helped and I suppose you could say that we are fortunate to live in a society where these things are available but is my wife 'lucky' no way.
    Caring is an art not a science

Mcclonk

And what makes you think that I too wouldn't like to get my life back?

You are having a go at those of us who have been refused benefits for our disabilities (I can hardly walk and have to climb stairs on all fours), but then selfishly admit that your wife's DLA and mobility element has helped you.

There are many disabled folk who have been refused state benefits and/or community care. What word do you suggest that best describes those unfortunate folk?

Chris