Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: out and about - what are you up too

Weather in South Wales, lovely and quite warm today

Gosh, you've been a busy bee, out and about and then the gym

Well, my smartphone weather App said fine and sunny all day and they weren't wrong.

Went to a local National Trust garden for fresh air. Came across a couple of actors dressed like Victorians so had to get a photo and a chat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Egertons.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	1266

I took my grandson for a day out for his birthday yesterday, we went to Camden market and bought him some trainers and then we went for something to eat.
    I am suffering for it today though as I ache all over and am still in mt dressing gown

Well, here's a first. I'm off to see Jurassic Park in 3D tonight wit my lodgeress. She's figured that I can get to see the film 241 price. It's a long film at over 3 hours long but I've heard that the story and special effects are really good.

It's not a date - just two friends going to see a film.

I've booked tickets to see the musical 'Wicked' this coming week and I went to pick them up yesterday in Salford. While there I wanted to see a new painting collection of L S Lowry within the Lowry Centre.

Scooter hire in Lowry Shopping Outlet. I asked the Theatre about scooter hire and they put me on to the Outlet car park at entrance three.

It seems that they have three scooters you can hire out for free on a first come first served basis.

I arrived, parked up in an accessible bay. Showed the receptionist my driving licence and was given a scooter key - no restrictions on where you could go. Very impressed with the new scooter - I took it outside the car park and to the theatre entrance where there was a push button automatic door. Glided in, picked up theatre tickets, saw L S Lowrt exhibition, had a coffee and butty then returned to reception with scooter.

No hire charge for the scooter and the receptionists endorsed my parking ticket so no parking charge. Now back in the car about to use the flimsy ticket into the machine to raise the barrier - and before AI had time to wind the window down the barrier had been raised - a result!

So the Lowry shopping outlet has a 5 star rating for customer service. And a 5 star rating for free scooter hire with no restrictions or time limit. 5 star rating for free parking despite not having bought anything in the shopping outlet.

What disability service do you highly rate.

The only places I have been recently is a tour of pubs - not in one go, may I add!

One of them was a friends local, where we sat in their lovely beer garden and sampled to lovely fruity ciders..downside is I got sunburn! That'll teach me to not put factor 40 on!

That's a really lovely poem! Have you thought about starting a blog and sharing your work? Tumblr would probably be the easiest way to go about it. It's fairly simple to use, just like a social network.

I've been on a bit of a roadshow over the last week, visiting family and friends and attending a wedding. This has included one night in a Premier Inn - super, straightforward stay. Accessible bathroom and extra helpful staff (carried my bag to my room, checked I had the pillows I wanted, and told me to call reception anytime if I needed anything - above and beyond the service expected of this kind of hotel where generally you sort yourself out, can even check in/out without speaking to a member of staff). My experiences of hotels have not always lived up to what's promised! (accessible shower turns out to be in the gym, which is in the basement, etc).

Only time I was stuck was at a motorway service station. It was Monday, and I was hot. Had an urge for a diet coke - not my usual tipple but cold caffeine seemed what I needed! Should have just bought a bottle from the shop, but decided Subway looked good. Never eaten from there before. Looked straightforward, really wasn't. Didn't appreciate how complicated it was to order something (!) and was handed an empty cardboard cup by non speaking stroppy teenager working there. No clue what to do! Was rescued by some teenagers on a school trip behind me in the queue - they helped me order (even made suggestions about what was tasty!), sorted my drink, and found me an outside seat In the shade. The staff there were a lost cause! But someone usually is happy to help.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	1377

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	1378

2 random photos that make me happy. Very welcome accessible bathroom after long hot journey and a photo from Glastonbury, no idea who he is but this makes me smile!

Nice photo at concert.

Wheel-in shower. Well I could only dream of that at the moment.