Thread: PIP Assessment whilst on indefinite DLA

PIP Assessment whilst on indefinite DLA

Hello.

I know that everyone who is on DLA is going to be re-assessed for the new PIP but has anyone who's currently on DLA on an indefinite award been re-assessed yet or are they doing new claimants first?

Thus far only new claimants and people who have a DLA award is for a fixed period need to apply for PIP. The DWP still state that indefinite award holders will be asked to apply for PIP from October 2015.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...lacing-dla.pdf

There are people on the forum who had a DLA award for a fixed period of time who have been assessed for PIP. No one with an indefinite award has yet (unless they have reported a change of circumstances in their condition).
    Last edited by Fliss; 12-11-14 at 15:01.

I am in transition from DLA to PIP. Completed PIP2 forms in May 2014, had my assessment 8 October - still awaiting the outcome. This was not indefinite DLA - mine was three years, which expired on the 8th October.

I was on "lifetime" DLA and effectively "volunteered" to change to PIP by reporting a change of circumstances. It took nearly a year and a Mandatory Reconsideration but am finally now receiving PIP at the same levels as I was on for DLA - moved from High Rate Care and Low Mobility DLA to Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility on PIP. My PIP award is for three years.

At the moment though, if you have a "lifetime" DLA award you won't be called to be assessed for PIP for some time. They expect this to be complete by 2017, but given the back logs it may take longer as they're dealing with new claims, claims that are set to expire and change of circumstance claims first.
    Last edited by noisynoodle; 12-11-14 at 17:46.