Thread: Esa support group confused

Esa support group confused

So I've been on esa a few years but never had a medical , I didn't know I needed one or that there was different support groups till I read about it on here

I have since contact dwp and they are sorting out an Assesment and have said it was a computer error , my question is if I get put in a support group will it be backdated to start of claim ? Or just from date of Assesment ?
    Thank you x

Any decision made on assessment should be back dated to the 13th week of your claim, though I wouldn't be surprised if you do get assessed has Support Group (SG) you may have to get a qualified Welfare Worker involved to get your full entitlement.
    Furthermore I don't think it would be a bad idea to contact an adviser (like CAB or similar) now to discuss your situation, have you completed form ESA 50 ?? even if you have it's been such a long time since you probably need to submit a new one, particularly if there's been a deterioration in your condition. It is here lays a possible problem, if you do submit a newer ESA 50, they may try and pay you from the date of that.

So speak with that adviser and Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by Jard; 10-11-14 at 01:57.

Sorry is this sounds silly but what is an esa50 form ? I don't think I've filled one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilysmith82 View Post
    Sorry is this sounds silly but what is an esa50 form ? I don't think I've filled one out.
    If that's the case I really think you should find yourself a professional adviser, try CAB or any local Welfare Rights Project, if your 50 or over you can also contact AGE UK they also have very good benefit advisers.