Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair and crutch accessories group

The only way I got around this was or is to lie the crutch horizontal on the scooter. The elbow crutch part is at the front and I slip the elbow crutch under the seat but between my legs. It seems to work for me if an elbow crutch holder isn't attached and it's cheap!

Afraid that wouldn't work for me, LT, as I'd have to bend down to do that and bending is a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    Afraid that wouldn't work for me, LT, as I'd have to bend down to do that and bending is a problem for me.
    My trick is to do it when seated - no problem at all!

still have to bend over in a way that I find difficult unfortunately.

Hey,

Thanks to all to give a wonderful chance to be part of your life.

There are so many online resources and store available where you can buy wheel-chairs, mobility scooters and crutch accessories at lowest prices. I'm very thankful to Amazon.com, Ebay.com, Activeforever.com and mobilitycare.com for all type of mobility aids.

Thanks!!!

I found a simple solution to my improvised crutch holder - a simple piece of Velcro. works with my portable scooter. The crutch sits in a small storage area at deck level (not sure what on earth you would store in there!) and the Velcro is used to "tie" it to the tiller. works due to the slender tiller.

hi there, this is quite an old thread but i suggest pictures of the items and a description (name/make would be helpful) Also WHERE you are, whether these are stuff that can be posted or need to be picked up.
    And IF it was an accident, check they don't belong to the hospital/physio dept!

Well, today is interesting. In the home I prefer to get about using a four wheeled kitchen trolley with two shelves. It makes it easy to carry stuff around. However, the wheels are not spinning as they should so Social Services are dropping off a free replacement this afternoon.

Car wheelchair hoist . . .
    I've bitten the bullet and decided to buy a car hoist to lift and swing my manual wheelchair plus motor plus battery into the hatch and out again.

He's fitting a frame to the boot area and will add a 80kg hoist. It’ll be very tight as my wheelchair was deliberately constructed where the handles/backrest don’t fold dow4n - long story.

The idea is that I want to be able to use the wheelchair for times where I use it for say 30 minutes before packing it back in the boot. I wouldn’t entertain that idea if I have to manually lift the wheelchair, motor and battery out then put it all back - a real pain for short journeys - literally!

I’ll try to post some pictures later.

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone might be able to help. I use lovely NHS standard issue crutches, prior to this I was just using sticks which I have in a vast array of colours and patterns but sadly they aren't effective enough for me. I'd like to get some pretty crutches (I'm a girl who likes to colour coordinate to my outfits lol.) I like the 'cool crutches' but I have problems with a re-occurring shoulder dislocation and could do with something that meant I didn't have to bear my weight in that way. I've seen a stranger recently who had a crutch that looked like it supported the arm better but can't find them on an Internet search, I found a similar set but not quite what I was looking for. My Rhematologist says I'm keeping orthotics in business so I don't want to keep going back to them as I dont want them to think "oh it's that flipping woman back again," so if anyone knows what I mean and where I can get them from, please let me know! I would post a picture if the similar ones but not sure how to..
    X

NHS one5s are just about functional for six weeks. But if you are a permanent crutch user you need ones with an ergonomic grip. I also prefer open cuff versions so you can wear any thickness garment and it won't get caught on the cuff.

I can only use one crutch but it's a cool carbon fibre black version.