Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today

Just been out to the shop, 1/4 Lb beefburgers for tea I'll probably put some cheese on as well, and noticed a letter from the hospital stuck in the letterbox.
    The bit that was outside is soaking wet from the rain, will let it dry out before opening it.

PS. as far as I am concerned cheese counts as one of your five-a-day.

PPS. Going asleep for a few days keeps the food bill down. Hibernation anyone?
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-11-14 at 20:57.

Lol at hibernation, don't suggest it to DWP or they will decide you can manage on less cash!

Good to hear you believe in a healthy diet, get some liquid down you too!

I stayed indoors out of the rain. I am trying to gather enthusiasm for beginning, dare I say it, ok I will whisper it (christmas) shopping.
    So have been surfing the Internet for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah1984 View Post
    Where do you live AmyS? I live in Manchester.
    Between Newport and Cardiff South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I arrived home today with my Wife Mrs Kodiak.

Nothing special about that you all say, but in this case I am a very relieved Kodiak. The reason being is that on Tuesday past Mrs Kodiak was rushed into Hospital, one that is 120 miles away from where we live, for a sight saving operation.

All I can say is Thank Goodness for the NHS for if it had been for the wonderful Doctors and Nurses we would have been in a very bad place now, but all's well that end's well.
    Glad to hear both are well and both safely home.

Quote Originally Posted by buble48 View Post
    I stayed indoors out of the rain. I am trying to gather enthusiasm for beginning, dare I say it, ok I will whisper it (christmas) shopping.
    So have been surfing the Internet for ideas.
    To me that's the C word ---- not started yet.

Busy day for me, up at 8am, got daughter dressed and food down her then took her to her drama class. Me and the wife then went to a new coffee shop and talked for an hour before going back to collect little one.

Then it was lunch, quick 20min nap, then out to the park to meet a friend and introduce her daughter to ours at 2pm, 2hrs on the park in between the torrential showers, but freezing.

Nipped to the supermarket to collect tea, eaten, another quick nap and then out to the bonfire/fireworks night in a local village at 6:30.

Finally got home soaking wet and cold at 8pm. Little one asleep by 9pm and we are now sat watching Doctor Who and the X Factor before bed and another busy day tomorrow!

Oh, and i'm still very poorly (which is why the naps), still losing weight and very tired!

I'll feel the pain of the weekend next week but as I'm still off work i'm not too fussed as it's special time with my daughter
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Had to go to Queen Mary's in Roehampton (South London) today, for a post Op check up! Felt it went really well, but i was in there for almost 2 hours YAWWNN!!!

Then studied for bit!

a nice day at the dentists having a filling.

Quite a normal day. Took a short walk round the park, cleaned my blood, watched TV, skyped with Reddivine. My Dad is a pretty good cook, and had made meatballs in tomato sauce with brocolli, rice, mash and sweetcorn. DEEElicious!

Pretty sure I've conquered the majority of Xmas shopping already!