Thread: Incapacity to WRAG to Support Group

Incapacity to WRAG to Support Group

Hi all, I'm wondering if you can help me. I was on Incapacity Benefit and was changed over too ESA WRAG on 15th December 2013, no medical just the forms and some additional information. I immediately asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration and today I got a phone call (11 months later) telling me I have had the decision overturned in my favour and will now be placed in the Support Group.
    Does this mean I will be entitled to any backdated payment from the the rate difference from WRAG to Support Group?

I was originally getting ESA WRAG NI contribution based benefit which I still to this day can't understand. I currently still receive DLA middle rate as they have not changed over to PIP yet here in N. Ireland. This is all really confusing to me but my main concern was going to WFI's with my condition and can now settle a bit more knowing I no longer have to attend these, but at the same time I don't know what I'm entitled too due to the changes that have just taken place.

I appreciate any help you can give me

yes you will get the difference backdated.

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    yes you will get the difference backdated.
    Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.