Thread: ESA advice help no ATOS assesment support group

Lightbulb ESA advice help no ATOS assesment support group

Hi

I am looking for some advice. I claim contribution ESA, I was referred to ATOS who have recommended I go into Support Group without a face to face assessment.

My question is will the DWP be allowed to go against that decision considering I have had no face to face?

I am also in receipt of PIP daily standard rate.

I sent in letters from my consultant about surgery which I am going into hospital to have done.

Any advice would be great!
    cheers

Sorry to bear bad news but the DM have at times, although rarely, gone against the recommendations of ATOS.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Sorry to bear bad news but the DM have at times, although rarely, gone against the recommendations of ATOS.
    Thanks! Just was not sure because I have had no face to face ass

Ragdoll83;

It is possible but not very likely.
    If you have been recommended for SG after assessment on paper based evidence, it would be very, very unusual for a DWP Decision Maker to override that.

Yes I thought so, atos recommend I go to support group my contributions esa ran out on sept 5th, so no money since, does anyone know how long decision makers at dwp take

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll83 View Post
    Yes I thought so, atos recommend I go to support group my contributions esa ran out on sept 5th, so no money since, does anyone know how long decision makers at dwp take
    Unfortunately, it's like asking - how long is a piece of string Each area differs dramatically.

As you've not had a face to face assessment you cannot be found 'Fit for Work', though the DM can order one if they think necessary, apart from that all options are open to them (DM's). So although they usually follow the ATOS advice it could be WRAG, it's always best to - hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

PIP has nothing to do with it, plenty of working people receive PIP/DLA many at the higher rates, it's requirement is totally different criteria.

best of luck with it.

Yeh dm originally requested an atos face to face but after medical evidence atos decided no assessment and recommended SG plus I am going into hospital for a week for surgery.

Fingers crossed its good news,,

My daughter didn't have a face to face and went into the S.G. no problems.
    Sea Queen

Aw that's good here's hoping I get the good result and esp cause I never had assesment and going into hospital for operations