Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP been awarded (mental health)

PIP been awarded (mental health)

Just received the letter and been awarded enhanced daily living.

Really pleased as didn't expect it. I'd read so many stories about being refused. I claimed because of mental health reasons. So for anyone going through that agonising wait there is hope for mental health. What really helped me was letters from Psychiatrist, GP etc

The decision came quite quickly after the assessment, about 2 weeks:

Claimed: Nov 13
    Assessment: Oct 14
    Decision: Nov 14

Good luck to those waiting. For me it was all worth it in the end.

And thanks to everyone on this forum for your help over the last few weeks.

wow skipper so pleased for you.

I'm still in transition DLA to PIP. Filled in the forms back in May 2014, had my assessment October and still waiting...

Congratulations on yor award, well done.

Still waiting too for DLA to PIP, applied June 2014, rang last week to see what was happening, they haven't decided whether they want to see me yet!

Mags

Really pleased you had a positive outcome with your PIP award. Congratulations. Hope mine is just as positive - I have my face to face later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by tattymama View Post
    Really pleased you had a positive outcome with your PIP award. Congratulations. Hope mine is just as positive - I have my face to face later this month.
    tattymama only had my face to face 2 weeks ago and tbh is was no were as bad as i would of thought it would of been. the lady was so nice and understanding and did not push me to do anything that i could not manage 45 mins - 1hr all done she,s said the report would be typed up the next day and sent back to the dwp, but i pulled a crafty by asking for a copy of the report and got told that one cannot be sent till the Decision has been made.

then when though the q,s for security and then got told that my Decision had been awarded buzzin lol all the best for your face to face

Good luck Amy and tatty with your claims.

Tatty - my f2f turned out to be very relaxed and informal. It only lasted half an hour. At the end, as much as I wanted to ask questions about how I'd done and when I'd hear back etc, I decided to just leave it and not press the assessor.

Also it helped that I took someone with me, along with my medication boxes and a letter from my psychiatrist.

Hi,

This is my 1st thread, but have been reading all your PIP experiences - thank you for sharing these as I feel they have helped me in the PIP minefield!
    I applied for PIP in on 16th May 14, had my assessment on 15th October 14 and now waiting. I have called Capita weekly since my assessment, have been told the report has not yet been submitted but I am a priority case due as I have waited 26 + weeks.
    Does anyone know what time scales the assessors have to write up their reports? I have asked capita but I just keep getting the usual 'all reports are indvidual so they take time'.
    I was told on Thursday that if I call mid week next week they may have some more info for me!?!?

The assessor seemed very favourable to my case and needs, she suggested support and equipment that would help me and used phrases such as I assume you can't do that, and I wouldn't expect you can do that. I was unable to do the physical, and when I asked if this would go against me, she said 'how could it I can see your struggling!'

I am hopefully, but also fully prepared to appeal if needs be, as from reading all your useful posts, PIP is a real curve ball. Congratulations to all who have received it and to those who have been turned down good luck with your appeals and keep fighting.

It's quite normal for things to take a few weeks after assessment, skybaby. Ultimately, it is in your interests for the assessor to write up their report after proper reflection, that report to be checked properly and for DWP to take the time to read it properly.

Hopefully Capita will be in a position to submit your report to DWP soon, then things usually take no more than 3-4 weeks. As skipper has found, it can be very fast indeed.

I wish you well and hope you will have good news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Just received the letter and been awarded enhanced daily living.

Really pleased as didn't expect it. I'd read so many stories about being refused. I claimed because of mental health reasons. So for anyone going through that agonising wait there is hope for mental health. What really helped me was letters from Psychiatrist, GP etc
    Well done for sticking with it and congratulations on the result, skipper.

The key thing with PIP is to explain the problems you face with the PIP activities as a result of your health conditions and disabilities. Good quality information from the professionals you work with build on your explanation, giving the assessor and decision maker a clear picture of how you are affected.

I hope there is relief now that the wait is over, and that the award helps. Every best wish.

Quote Originally Posted by skybaby View Post
    Hi,

This is my 1st thread, but have been reading all your PIP experiences - thank you for sharing these as I feel they have helped me in the PIP minefield!
    I have called Capita weekly since my assessment, have been told the report has not yet been submitted but I am a priority case due as I have waited 26 + weeks.
    Does anyone know what time scales the assessors have to write up their reports? I have asked capita but I just keep getting the usual 'all reports are indvidual so they take time'.

Hi Skybaby

I'm in transition from DLA to PIP. Forms returned May 2014, had my assessment 8th October. Four and a bit weeks and still waiting.

Assessor as she was leaving said there's a backlog, 6-8 weeks.

Good luck