Thread: DLA renewal

DLA renewal

H all just got a DLA renewal through now I'm not sure if it's good or bad my last DLA form my GP helped me fill it and wrote a report so no problem this time my old GP has left the surgery my new GP while good, one hardly get to see her she only works two days a week and two I've never really talked to her about my day to day living

now a least with PIP I know what they need to know DLA not to sure as I'm useless with form filling but can't go to CAB or anywhere as talking to people I just babble ,cry then run

is their any good guides on-line ?

Hi acheron,

That's a difficult one, I presume the form is the PIP2 (that's what I received to transfer over). Had my f2f assessment almost a month ago.

- deleted - not needed.
    Last edited by AmyS; 04-11-14 at 15:25.

Hi Amy thanks for the reply no it's not the pip it's still renewal under DLA and that's the thing been getting myself ready for pip which I was dreading but at least it was more structured than DLA
    I see a lot of consultants but again don't really discuss day to day stuff
    Never had any support even though the hospital said I needed it and they were backing me so phoned social services they said they could get me dressed and fed but I had 3 open fistula at the time on my abdomen so it was constant changing of clothing as poo would go all over me and couldn't eat at all been put on a liquid tubing feeder and was only allowed water
    So social services said they couldn't help and she said constant care would be the council but she said I was to young for that so I didn't bother
    As for my mental health saw a councillor once freaked and didn't go back a few weeks ago my GP convince me to let this women phone I don't like answering the phone but I knew who it would be ext so answered she started going on bout group therapy in the city centre well started crying I can't even get on a bus I'm terrified that my stoma will leak on a packed bus what do you do you can't just randomly get of buses to change

So she's giving me a phone number of like phone therapy session where I wouldn't have to leave the house but I was do relieved that she was gonna get of the phone and stop pressuring me to go to a city centre that I took the number and didn't mention that I find it hard to use the phone so haven't had the guts to phone them yet

So have no idea how to get ny support tend to play my mental health down a bit at the GP
    but she does know I'm depressed on 45mg of mirtazapine for a couple of years before that a number of other antidepressants all at highest doses

Well good luck with it, I've been worried sick about my DLA and payments. With the PIP transfer will I/wont I get anything etc... Since my assessment have had one DLA payment, the next is due on 18th November.

Best wishes and good luck with your DLA. Sorry I couldn't offer any advice.

Thanks Amy I'll be alright can get loads of medical evidence but it's wording ect that I may struggle with anyway not gonna let it get to me like ESA did that made me even more ill than when I started

Good luck with the DLA to PIP hope you get the right result and soon x