Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online food shopping

TheAmazingAtheist
    I never did online groceries shopping. I would find it annoying as I don't like waiting for food to be delivered. I rather go to the shop so I can have stuffs straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingAtheist View Post
    I never did online groceries shopping. I would find it annoying as I don't like waiting for food to be delivered. I rather go to the shop so I can have stuffs straight away.
    That's why I only choose non-perishable and buy bulky or heavy items, I prefer to choose fresh/food items in person.

At our previous address we started using Sainsbury's but had quite a few problems, so switched to Asda. We had one or two hiccups with Asda but nothing major.
    Since moving we still use Asda, but it comes from a different store. On the whole I am pleased with the service. The drivers are pleasant, friendly and helpful. They do offer to bring the shopping in for me.
    I do get the odd substitution or unavailable item, but this would be the case if I shopped at the store anyway. Certain items I tick for no substitution, such as my skimmed milk, (I can't stand other milk), and never have a problem. If I do get subs on some items, I take the view that its better to have something than nothing. (if the sub is something we would not eat, I just choose not to accept it and the money is credited back to the bank account).
    My Mum-in-law works in a butchers so we get our fresh meat from there. We have no greengrocer locally, but my partner can pop up the road to the local co-op for fresh veg and bits and bobs.
    I have been shopping online for a long while now, I lived alone in a little village in Cornwall, so it was much easier for me to shop this way.
    Like others have said, it is convenient and less stressful, plus I find it easier to stick to a list. If we do go to the supermarket, we tend to impulse buy a lot more.
    We do go to Iceland about once a month so I can top up on a few things that I cannot get anywhere else, (my particular fave is broccoli and cauliflower cheese, yum ).
    All I need now is a local Krispy Kreme donut place that I can order online from, lol.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I do my food on line except for meat a friend gets us large amounts from a farmers shop

I have tesco ,asda and sainsbury as you tend to get offers on the first shop and when I haven't been to one for awhile they send me vouchers to entice me back

was suppose to be having a tesco order yesterday but got a phone call saying the computer system was down and I wouldn't be getting my shopping and as I'd used a five pound voucher I would get that back plus they added a tenner to it

the only reason I wanted the shopping to come yesterday and not today was because the voucher was only valid to 2-11-14 so I thought I would get the shop a day early but now shop coming today with £15 off instead of £5 thank
    you tesco

Welcome vouchers no doubt.

yes for the first shop but then I keep away for awhile then get emails with more vouchers because I've stopped using them, then emails from the others with vouchers or free delivery slots all just to entice me back

I do a monthly grocery shop online although I generally prefer to see what I'm buying and choose a substitute, if necessary, myself. I usually use Ocado as I've found they provide the best service. I tend to buy things like toilet rolls, cleaning products and some tinned stuff online. I have a fortnightly veg box delivered from Abel and Cole (I sometimes buy meat and other things from them too depending on finances, special offers etc). I also have some ready meals delivered by Wiltshire Farm foods, Oakhouse foods etc. I buy most of my cat food from Zooplus so that is delivered. I then go to Tesco for the rest. I can't walk around a supermarket but they have the scooters with the basket on the front so I use one of those. I try to ring from my car to see whether they have one available and if they do they will bring it down to me. The difficulty is getting them to answer the phone if they are busy. They will come down to my car with me to help unpack the shopping and take the scooter back (so I don't then have to walk back down to my car).

yeah another £15 from tesco

can't get round a supermarket plus buying for four, I eat very little but my OH and to lads eat like horses and one is bodybuilding so six meals a day for him so a lot of food so even if I could get round a supermarket doubt could push a trolley with that much weight in it

a few years ago I'd just come home after an op so my friend took my OH for the shopping now my OH cleans and cleans and cleans anyway they got back and it looked like there was a lot of bags ect then my OH went back to the car for some more and my friend says to me you've hardly got any food my OH spent an age down the cleaning section smelling all the air fresheners and cleaners and bought loads

and the food that week was a little urm baked beans on toast type things and using the cupboard stores up plus takeaways so living on fresh air but it did smell lovely with a hint of jasmine LOL

I have resumed my online grocery shopping with Ocado. Only had 2 deliveries so far (it's a couple of years since I last shopped with them) and can't fault the service so far. On both occasions the delivery driver was happy to bring everything into the kitchen for me and I got some good bargains both times. One item out of stock first time round but everything came the second time. No damaged packaging or goods. I still go to my local Tesco on my scooter for bits but it's nice to get the bulk delivered. Even though I've used them before they obviously don't have my details stored as I got ?10 off for being a new customer and I get free delivery for 3 months.

I get a weekly delivery from tesco as it takes me so long to get ready to leave house and I do not have a local supermarket, only lots of metros
    Last week I used asda for a change
    Both of them always bring it in to my kitchen for me
    My nearest asda is even further away than my nearest tesco, but if I lived near and was able to get there, I would choose to go to asda rather than tesco, but with home delivery I prefer tesco, both helpful when they get here, but I seem to be able to navigate the website easier with tesco and have got ordering off to a tee, being able to do a proper weeks worth with only a couple of extras, and having not blown the budget
    With asda I seem to get carried away with the bargains but not have ordered a proper weeks shopping, so we will end up with a dozen of something that was a good price but no milk or loo roll :/