Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online food shopping

Online food shopping

Does anyone else get their groceries delivered? I do as it's so much easier for me. Delivery today not so good, milk had burst so no milk and driver said it had damaged other things ie oranges, and another bag where everything was wrapped. Had to persuade him that I'd rather have my shopping and rinse the milk off - he then nicked milk out of someone else's delivery as he decided it would be more difficult for me to go and buy milk. So apologies to whoever has no milk for their Sunday breakfast!

Generally I like doing my shopping this way; the drivers bring stuff through to the kitchen and check where to leave it, etc.

I prefer online grocery shopping - it's more convenient and less stressful. The big plus for me is that it saves me money because I don't impulse buy as much as if I were instore, and we don't have the petrol costs of getting to town. Also, it saves so much time for hubby who is my carer.

yes we get it delivered so much easier, if anything is damaged or missing we just phone number on invoice and they reimburse the money, had a 15 pack of eggs 2 were cracked but they gave full amount back, cant be any fairer than that.

Even though it is a struggle I actually like to see what I am buying especially in the fresh food line. I also like to check the dates. To me, food shopping online is like food shopping blind, until it arrives you don't know the quality of fresh food and if you ring to say it is no good and they reimburse you, fair enough, but you would be left without something you possibly can't do without.

Hi Fliss

I order all non-perishable items online. So much easier having it delivered, especially the heavy items. I can also scroll through and at a glance know all the special offers.

Used one supermarket in the past - incredibly 'unhelpful', changed to the one I'm using now - and the drivers are fantastic, helpful can even say they have a sense of humour

Oooo the bottle bursting. What a kind gesture recognising your needs by replacing it there and then.

Beau I know what you mean. I tend to buy meat from a good butchers very close to me (he has made good level access in) as it's better quality and they're very helpful. I would prefer to see fruit/veg and pick it myself ideally. (The green grocers and deli next to the butchers have steps!)

I do make some errors though; today I've bought a big box of dishwasher tablets - reduced price and I was pleased. But hadn't thought that of course it's a big box so won't fit in my cupboard. Really very obvious that it would be big, wouldn't have bought it if I'd seen it (or thought!). Ah well I will have shiny clean dishes for about 4 months!

Fliss you can always split the box into smaller packages in poly bags so they will fit in your cupboard. I do that if the larger item is too big for where it is stored but much better value. No point in wasting money.

Of course :-) Just funny when your shopping isn't quite as expected!

Yes i use ocado. Have done for a while now. I simply cannot walk around a supermarket, even leaning on the trolley anymore. For the most of the food/grocery i use ocado. Drivers are really helpful and quality is good. YES it costs more. But I can't drive so delivery costs = what I would have to pay on taxis anyway. Plus I don't use up an entire morning. I can get it delivered at 8.00am and 9.00pm.......neither time I'd be out & about, but leave the day free

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryRipple View Post
    Yes I use Tesco. I used Asda for a while but they were terrible! For example deliveries were always late and well after the 2 hour slot I had paid for. No phone calls to advise late delivery time. Apparently the driver is allowed "an hours grace". They refused to give me a refund on delivery every time!
    I had 9 items missing once and x2 bottles of bleach that I didn't order.

So in my experience, Tesco are dearer but the entire service is second to none.
    Since the plastic bag tax was recently introduced in Scotland, I now opt for no bags and the items are placed on my kitchen worktops.
    Whew glad it's not just me re: Asda. They were dreadful. When my delivery arrived I explained I have disabilities - "yeah" is it possible to bring them inside "no" - only deliver to doorstep.

Then when checking - I had ordered six cheap wine glasses for Christmas - received one glass? All items in the order were gluten free (my mother is a Coeliac). They replaced things i.e. chicken - to have coated chicken in breadcrumbs. A bottle of sherry still had the security alarm tag on it. The list is endless... Suffice to say have never used ASDA ever since this event. Oh and the 2 hour slot - could mean 3 hours as you say. I received my order 10.45pm that night.