Thread: PIP MR decision - factual error in decision letter

Question PIP MR decision - factual error in decision letter

Hi all,

I have recently received a mandatory reconsideration decision stating that the PIP decision remains unchanged (no award). On reading the decision letter I have encountered a few instances which cause me to suspect the decision may have been made with some amount of factual error.

Most notably, the decision maker has stated 'You told us you have no problems with budgeting'. This is incorrect as the MR submission included a comprehensive full-page explanation of the difficulties experienced in this area. The page was clearly marked as relating to the task in question and was attached to the MR request letter, which it is made obvious the decision maker has received.

This inaccuracy causes some fear that points may have been lost for this task due to its complete exclusion from the assessment criteria. It also casts doubts as to the overall thoroughness of the decision maker's assessment.

In short, I'm wondering if it's possible to do something about this in terms of a notification or complaint, or whether this sort of clear inaccuracy is just tough luck and something that will only be addressable via an appeal.

Many thanks,
    Jon

Get it looked at by a qualified benefit adviser, many decisions contain errors even successful ones, take it to your local CAB or Welfare rights office, they will be able to tell you if you have a case or not. But be quick as you only have 28 days, from the date on that decision notice/letter, to initiate your Appeal.