Thread: Disability Income Guarantee

Disability Income Guarantee

Just having a closer look at my esa decision letter I got this morning.

On the page titled 'How your ESA has been worked out' which includes 'Your living expenses' and 'Extra money because you are in the support group' etc.

The bit I don't understand is 'Extra money because of the Disability Income Guarantee'. This sum is £87.95.

Does anyone know what this means?
    Is it anything to do with a PIP assessment I had last week?

Hi Skipper

I think that money is part of SDA severe disablement allowance which you receive if your disability is severe enough and you don't already have someone caring for you and claiming care allowance
    I don't know the exact mechanics of how the money is worked out to the £ shillings and pence
    But to the best of my knowledge I believe this to be correct but hopefully someone else will confirm or shoot me down in flames good luck to you............Paul

Well I am glad grgr has put the op right I was a little unsure about he answer can someone please tell what is severe disablement allowance then and how is it claimed and under what circumstances is it paid please............Paul

Thanks.

By the way, does everyone in ESA SG get Disability Income Guarantee?

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Thanks.

By the way, does everyone in ESA SG get Disability Income Guarantee?
    NOPE: regardless of how much NI I've payed in over the years, can't claim any premiums as the wife works full time (allbeit not very well payed) so only receive the basic elements - £108 per wk. 'Not very happy about it, as they also stopped our Tax Credits when I got switched from IB to this ESA a couple of years back, still I've gotta put up with it.
    Last edited by Jard; 01-11-14 at 13:30.

This is just another way of dwp confusing you over wording, lol, I had the same letter and it works out if you add the the £72.40 personal allowance to the £15.55 disability premium it amounts to £87.95, you then add the sg component and it gives you the total of £123.70. Hope this helps,

Ah, so that's the £87.95. It isn't a mistake.

Thanks for letting me know.

Far too simple for me to figure out!