Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can anyone tell me why dwp want my bank details

can anyone tell me why dwp want my bank details

hi im new to this ...i put in a claim for pip back in april 2014 had my assessment already
    and today had a call from dwp asking for my bank details.
    does it mean im successful in my award

i thought so to but never know with them .thanks for reply

i did ask them they would not tell me over the phone why

will call again tomoz thanks again

The implication is that you have been awarded PIP and they want to confirm your bank details have not changed since you first applied. However, it is not certain that you have been awarded anything.

The refusal to discuss the decision over the phone might be that all the administrative stages to issue the decision have not yet completed. As grgr11 says, I'd ask politely when giving your bank details. If they say they can't discuss the situation with you, I'd wait, as you should receive a decision letter shortly giving full details of the descriptors chosen, points awarded, length of any award and details of any payments.

Hi,I applied for pip 2 September this year,I phoned the other day for an update,and they said my application has been done without face to face appointment,they said my mental health worker had sent a letter,it's been with the decion maker,has anyone ever been awarded with the face to face,I literally applied a few weeks ago,I got support ESA without face to face but not sure about pip

Moomoomeli - you asked this before and I already answered (click the coloured text to link).

If you have a question that's only loosely related to an existing thread, as is the case here, it's best to ask your question in a new thread. There's a "Post new thread" button at the top of each forum.

flymo something for you and others to take on board with regards to the dwp asking for bank details.

early last year I lost my award of benefit and then asked for a reconsideration. even though I had lost my benefit and was dealing with the recon I was still asked for my bank details when contacting the dwp. I sent an email to the dwp wanting to know why they kept asking for those details and apparently it is part of their security protocols to ask for them along with asking for other details.

hope this helps people out a little who are asked for bank details,

mike

That's helpful to know, Mike.

It's always unwise to try to 'read' what is happening for signs, as the conclusions you draw might be incorrect. It seems that PIP awards are mostly being paid and notified fairly promptly. Most reports of a decision letter not being sent seem to be with ESA. However, there are always administrative screw-ups.

I've found the PIP helpline to be a mixed bag. Most of the time they've been useful, but the last time I rang was an awful experience. I had some constructive feedback about one of the letters that I wanted passed on and was met initially with a factually and legally incorrect explanation. When I pointed out that what I was told was wrong, I was met with a very hostile attitude. Eventually the operator did come round to my way of thinking and agreed to pass on my comments, which was all I wanted in the first place.

Just sometimes the customer is trying to help in delivering a better service.

flymo this is how confusing the security protocols can get and why people are getting in to muddles and building expectations.

when I was out of benefit award and contacted the dwp they still wanted my bank details along with other things which is why I then sent an email to them about this. basically I was baffled why they wanted such details as they were not paying me anything and in the end they did clarify.

when through the reconsideration I contacted the dwp they told me over the phone that I had then been successful and would be contacted soon, when I got the phone call along with details like date of birth, N.I I was then asked for my bank details again.

in the end when they are paying someone monies or want to clarify something they still need to make sure that we are who we say we are and that it matches forms or what ever which we send in.

security now is a very big thing just try ringing your banks without details and they will hang up on you in a shot.

mike