Thread: Received my phone call as promised from DWP!!

Received my phone call as promised from DWP!!

Hello everyone, I have actually received my phone all today from DWP. Following my concerns with my assessment report which I received before getting an answer from DWP I raised this with DWP on Friday and they sent an email for someone to contact me before a decision was made.
    The lady who spoke to me was very nice and agreed with my concerns and she too wasn't happy with some of the inconsistencies within my change of circumstances when comparing this recent Assessment to my previous one with ATOS
    in February 2014. She also mentioned to me how the assessor kept mentioning throughout my report " and manages to work 16 hrs" I told her I felt as if he was using my job against me she more or less agreed with me stating that she was also unhappy at the way he mentioned about me being able to walk when I remained in my wheelchair and I was not asked to try and walk with my stick. She said the main reason was to also speak to me with regards to what my job consisted of on a daily basis or within a 16 hr period because the assessor never documented / asked in detail. The lady from the DWP said she was going to send all the information on now to the quality assurance manager? (I'm sure thus is what she called them) I was so taken aback when I got the phone call I went to pieces a bit. She then said she is looking after my application now ( does this mean she is the case manager( I forgot to ask her) she all said it would be her ringing me back sh couldn't tell me how long as she said they are very very busy! But she said hopefully I won't be needing to go for another assessment but its not up to her! (Fingers crossed I don't have too) i thanked her for getting back to me so soon and she then said dont be worrying she will try and get it sorted out ASAP. can anyone give me any advice or has this happened to anyone? Regards min

Quote Originally Posted by grgr11 View Post
    This sounds as if they are escalating it as the quality of the report was below par. This may mean another assessment so that the DWP get the information they require.

The Quality Assurance Manager is just that, basically quality control so that is why it is being escalated to them.
    Hi grgr11 the assessment report was awful! I never requested a copy from my very 1st assessment so when I had my change of circumstances 2 nd assessment I requested the report I couldn't believe the how my assessment had been reported you wouldn't think I was in that room for well over an hour. I'm glad I raised it now with the DWP now but by what the lady was saying today I think she had already picked up on this! Thanks for coming bk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grgr11 View Post
    This sounds as if they are escalating it as the quality of the report was below par. This may mean another assessment so that the DWP get the information they require.

The Quality Assurance Manager is just that, basically quality control so that is why it is being escalated to them.
    I contacted DWP today for an update from when the DM contacted me that she was writing to ATOS to say she was not happy with my assessment report. They again told me that one of the senior DM,s had now taken over the case on with AtOS as a complaint and as soon as she had heard back she would be in touch with me and that was all they could advise me so straight after the call I contacted ATOS to see what the hold up was?and they told me that I would be having another assessment stemming from the complaint from DWP but it will be a home assessment? Can anyone pls advise as to what this entails and why they may have decided to do a home assessment? does anyone know if they want to look around my home? Having another assessment now means waiting for yet another report and weeks again for a decision it's already been 8 weeks from receiving the report from my last assessment which is what the DM had complained about? I would be so grateful for some advice I've gone to pieces now waiting for a letter for another appointment does this mean it will go against me now Thankyou