Thread: Capita home visit

Capita home visit

Having waiting since march for an appointment I finally got one on the 13 Aug she came to my home to do the assessment. When she finished she said that I would hear from the DWP in the next few weeks. Weeks have passed I haven't heard from them until this morning when i got another letter from Capita say that I have an appointment with an assessor on the 27 oct. Why are they coming to do them same assessment again my circumstances haven't changed and what's happened with the first assessment? Has this happened to anyone else?

With out sounding rude, why not ring them and ask the reason for a second assessment ? After all they are the only ones who will know.
    Please do post back and let us know what they say harleyannie.

Quote Originally Posted by joss View Post
    With out sounding rude, why not ring them and ask the reason for a second assessment ? After all they are the only ones who will know.
    Please do post back and let us know what they say harleyannie.
    Hi thanks for your interest. I should have mentioned that I did give them a ring to ask why. The person who answered me could not give me a reason and didn't know about my first home visit until I told her. She just went on to say the same thing I was told about my first visit that it was to asses how my disability affects me. but couldn't give me a reason why this had to be done twice

You are not the first person to have to undergo a second assessment. It sounds as if something went wrong the first time round and the only way for Capita to submit an acceptable report to DWP is a second assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    You are not the first person to have to undergo a second assessment. It sounds as if something went wrong the first time round and the only way for Capita to submit an acceptable report to DWP is a second assessment.
    I can understand them having to come back if something went wrong with the first visit. But they said they didn't know about the first visit until I told them

Wash, rinse repeat. How frustrating for you harleyannie. Best wishes for the second go.