Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swivel perching stool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question swivel perching stool

Hi - I am looking for an adjustable height swivel perching stool that can be used in the kitchen. Any ideas where I may be able to find one?

There are a lot of websites that sell then, including disabled ones. Depends what sort you wish & what you needs are. Best thing to do is do a search, see what is out there. You can do it with the word disabled in it, & without it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Thanks - I have tried this without much success hence my question to this site. Bar type stools are not suitable. It needs to be something more substantial such as the standard perch stool supplied by someone like Homecraft - only with a swivel!

You may have to think wider than a disability aid. For example read the review for this one.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chrome-Swive.../dp/B004173FKA

Hi - thanks for your info, however this type of stool is not suitable as it does not give enough support. It needs to be sturdy enough to enable a sideways transfer.

Social Services may be able to provide one. Contact Adult Care and ask for an assessment. On saying that they will not supply anything that they deem as unsafe.

Then you do need assistance to find the right kind for you. Social Services have access to companies that can make things especially for your needs.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Thanks for your response

I agree. The Occupational Therapist will visit you to assess your needs. I saw one last week. I was offered a 'perching stool' but I don't want one. They did supply a raiser to increase the height of my sofa by six inches. I was impressed by the service as a 'care and repair' man was around two days later. And the service/equipment is free.

Good luck

You could try Remap http://www.remap.org.uk/ who could possibly help you.
    Run and worked by engineer volunteers at no cost to yourself. They will design or alter equipment to suit your needs.