Thread: Major paranoid delusions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Major paranoid delusions.

I happened to get a glance at the computer screen when I went to my well mans check up at the doctors, and I noticed it said major paranoid delusions in bold red writing on the screen, Obviously I know what it means but what implications does it have on my ESA medical, would it go in my favour..?

Anybody?........................

ESA and PIP are both based on how your symptoms affect your ability to carry out the activities specified for that benefit. The ESA regulations also lay down that certain groups satisfy the criteria for benefit.

The assessment report will inform the eventual decision on whether your paranoia and other symptoms mean you satisfy the criteria for ESA. There is no regulation that means all those with paranoid delusions is automatically treated as having Limited Capacity for Work. The existence of paranoid delusions suggests you might satisfy some of the descriptors on the activities, also Regulation 29, but the outcome depends on the facts of your particular case.