Thread: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Plug-in Hybrid on Motability!!

Thumbs up Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Plug-in Hybrid on Motability!!

For the first time Motability drivers can get behind the wheel of the exciting all-new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV plug-in hybrid.

The Outlander uses both electric and petrol power with a combined fuel consumption figure of 148mpg and emissions as low as 44g/km of CO2.

Features on the entry model include controllable regenerative braking, keyless entry, Bluetooth and much more.

The Outlander diesel is among the largest SUV’s on the Motability scheme.

Managing Director of Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, Lance Bradley, said: “We are very pleased to see the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV on the Motability scheme – it represents Mitsubishi’s strongest Motability offering ever. I’d encourage any motorists that are eligible for the scheme to visit a Mitsubishi dealership for a test drive. It’s a remarkable vehicle that has already proved extremely popular.”

Available across the Mitsubishi dealer network until December 31, the fantastic family-sized 4x4 Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) is on offer for an advance payment from £1,999.

I have been reading lots of reviews and all are getting above 80mpg averages - even more when faced with town driving, how's 140mpg sound?
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

If I had £2000 I'd almost be tempted as most of my driving is local so it'd almost all be electric.

Free charging points are available at supermarkets, parks, leisure centres etc. but I don't spend any amount of time at any of them. I was told it only costs "pennies" to charge a Hybrid but the Mitsubishi site says 4Hrs at 16A which is 64KwH or 5Hrs at 13A which is 65KwH and at around 11 to 15p per KwH that's £7 to £14 per full charge.

Only other thing putting me off is I test drove an ASX in 4 trim and the poor build quality, heavy unresponsive steering and noisy sluggish engine was more than enough to put me right off Mitsubishi.

There an electric e-Golf coming soon, but can't see it being on Motability.

I have a Nissan LEAF Tekna, on the Motorbility scheme it is 100% electric, the AP was £999 but the Dealer paid that so I paid nothing,

on SpeakEV Forum, many people charge their EV's at rapid chargers, which some are free at the moment, or at work if there is a charger,

We can charge the LEAF at any Nissan garage in the UK for free, as we have solar panels on our roof and plug the LEAF into charge when the sun is shining our running costs are free

anyone going past a rapid charge could charge their Hybrid and not have to charge at home.

I believe there's a lead to use with a domestic 13A supply (the Outlander quotes both charging times for 13A and 16A) not too sure as to how cost effective the car is though, there's a long term review on Auto Trader which gives these figures,

Mileage: 8,266 miles
    Real-world fuel economy: 43.1mpg

Full review is here, http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubi...outlander-phev

The biggest shock for me was reading that it only had a 28 mile range on electric, I thought it would be a lot more than that.

Yep the BIK rate I believe is only 5% which is far better than the 10-18% they would pay for similar sized vehicles.

The 28 miles is electric only, it's a hybrid so it uses the petrol engine to recharge the batteries.

28 miles would cover my commute every day and the engine will allow me to travel to London when needed.

£1999 AP isn't far off what I paid for my CMax, the PHEV is also a 4x4

Anyone interested should read this long term test by Auto Express before deciding http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubi...outlander-phev and also http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...outlander-phev
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs