Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sad loss - dad

Unhappy sad loss - dad

since registering on this forum quite a few years ago i have made lots of friends and hope that i have also helped some along the way.

this early morning it is with sad news that my dad who i have been very close to passed away.

words cannot come to me at the moment so with this i will return here in due course when things are sorted.

thanks to those who have been friends with me on here and to those who are yet to know me,

mike

I'm very sorry for your loss

So sorry about your dad. My dad was the only person in my family that i had any contact with and he passed away 2 years ago aged 90. Still feeling the loss but try to think of all the good times we had together.

My thoughts are with you Mikey and I'm sending you virtual hugs.

I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing, Mike. It's wonderful you enjoyed a close relationship with him, though I realise this heightens your sense of loss.

I send my best wishes and assure you my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

flymo you are spot on with the closeness and how bad it can tug at our heart strings, it is just tearing me to bits inside.

what is worse i have just managed to contact my step sister and she broke down, the worse is that we have just laid our step mother to rest and now this has happened.

i was susposed to have a medicine check today but was too heartbroken to attend, my doctors offered to help me but i just wouldn't of got down, i will see how the next day develops and if still badly then will get in to see someone, when my mother passed away i was given diazapam and will prob get something similar if i get really bad.

i am diagnosed with depression so will have to keep a careful watch that i don't crash, feel a rough few nights ahead here but there is all ways my comp and friends and my comm radio.

many thanks for the posts and sorry about spellings,

mike

So sorry to hear of your sad loss, I know just how you will be feeling Mike having lost my father, mother inthe last 4 years and in Juyl this year my youngest brother.

It takes a long time to come to terms with - take one day at a time.

Sending you Pammy hugs xxx
    Sea Queen

Always remember there are people here for you, whenever you need to talk.

Those of us who have fathers we have been close to are lucky, but it inevitably makes this time hard. I just couldn't get my head round the idea he wasn't there when I was in your situation.

Please try to look after yourself and let us know how you are getting on.

Always a bad time when suddenly a close family member is no longer with us.

Of course it will take time to recover from your loss, but the old saw that time is a great healer is still true.
    As already said, one day at a time and keep looking after yourself.

Never hesitate to come here for a talk when you need some moral support, you know that you have friends here who will do their best to help.

that is the hard part fliss, (not there any more), you can feel that they are some part of you, see them in your mind but can never touch again for hugs and what ever else.

at the moment it feels unreal but know deep down it has happened and that is the part which gnaws away pulling your insides every way possible.

promise i will take care best i can and seaqueen will take it one step one day at a time.

hugs and t.c mike

The sense of unreality is a normal part of the grieving process - it's unconscious denial. Even when a death is expected and welcomed (because someone was very ill), it's normal to struggle to take in that they have passed on.

Something I don't yet understand is the enormity of losing a parent. The nearest I've come is losing my maternal grandparents, who both played a huge part in my life. They were always there for me and I never wanted to be without their comforting presence, much as I knew the day would come to say goodbye. I lost each of them first to dementia and then death. If they were still here, they'd now be 106 and 95.

Those to whom you are especially close play a key role in how you engage with the world. It's normal to feel unsure and confused when you have recently lost someone. The shock of their passing makes this need to adjust especially tricky in the early days.

I know it's a dreadful cliché, but please try to take it a moment at a time. If you need to "not cope" at any time, that's OK - real men cry and get upset. If you need support, reach out to those around you, including us. One of the strengths of this forum is that people understand.