Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sad loss - dad

So sorry to hear this Mikey (((hugs)))

Condolences to you M, take care,

Hi Mikey, I haven't logged on for some time, joined discussions today to see your very sad news. I am so sorry for your loss, and will be thinking of you and your family, sincere condolences. Susie

So sorry to read of your loss. Our dads are very special.

I'm so sorry..My thoughts are with you.

many thanks for all the kind messages.

managed to get see my doctors but was put with a very young foreign locum who had very little understanding of near loss like this, all i wanted was something just to take the edge off things and she was very reluctant to offer and then rambled on about talking therapies which was far from adequate.

in these circumstances people cannot wait endless months so i told her i would go to a chemist and get some calms then she changed her tune and offered a short course med to settle me down a bit, still feel a bit let down by my NHS experience this morning and sadly my father was offered very little when he too needed help, had a weeping ear but was only offered olive oil which was far from suitable and slowly he got worse and then started having bad falls til his last one which sadly ended his life, still waiting for post mortem results.

i did try and get him to hospital but through his bad NHS experience he refused then the latter happened.

in all a very bad and sad situation.

i will be saying my goodbyes in the next few weeks and will then concentrate on all the good and loving times we had together.

next best thing now is to give myself some best medicine and with this will find things to do each day,

mike

Sorry for your loss Mike. (Hugs)

thanks shystar for your kind message,

one thing my dad like was his horse racing and the other night i asked him in my spirit if he could give me any tips for Saturday and i only got 3 straight winners on a patent, good old dad

will miss him calling me on Sundays to see if i did any good but i know he will know from where he is now.

Mike

sorry for your loss Mikey thinking of you xx

Sorry to hear your dear dad has died and so soon after your step mum too.

Both my parents died aged 61 and understand the loss you are going through. You are right, when you talk about remembering the good and loving times, which while so important, hurts so very much in the early days.

Talking can sometimes help and the organisation Cruse are there to listen - if thats what you decided may help you in the weeks and months to come.

Be kind to yourself, Mike.