Thread: "Re-assessed"

"Re-assessed"

Hi folks....
    has anybody else been "re-assessed" for P.I.P. ? only that's what's happening to me on Wednesday.
    I rang Capita last week to try and find out if they had processed my assessment plus the additional information that I had sent to them yet.... and they told me they have the additional info that I sent them....... however for some reason, my face to face assessment was somehow missing certain information..... I can't see how they would know something was missing........ I pretty much told the girl that called here to assess me, what I could and couldn't do, and she was typing away at quite a pace on her laptop computer.....
    The only thing I can think of that could have caused info to be lost, was the fact that she sent my information back to her base using a Dongle....... I know these things aren't as reliable as a direct internet connection as I've used them in the past and found it a struggle to use the internet properly with them.
    On the bright side though,.... I've now been a member of this site for a while..... and after reading about other peoples assessment issues ( specially Flymo) I'm wiser as to how to put things across...... and I'm working on getting some extra medical evidence from a Senior Sister at the Queen Elizabeth hospital, who witnessed my mobility problems.
    I spoke to her today and she said she will back me up 100% on this issue.....it will take a few days to obtain it, but it will be strong evidence..... so maybe things will work out better after my "re-assessment"

I think you should treat this as if it were your first and only assessment, don't take anything for granted, though it does seem you are better armed with the benefit of your previous experience and more information. If you should receive that evidence from the Nursing Sister in time, send a copy directly to the DWP DM.

So go in with all guns blazing, so to speak, and the best of luck with it.

Thank you very much.... I'm pretty sure it will be just as the last one was, but easier now I know what to tell them now I've been on this site for a while...... so I'm quite looking forward to it...... a second chance to explain what I struggle with will be useful.
    That additional evidence should be here in about a week.... I did have to ring Capita again this morning to get the address to send the extra information to.... so while I was on the phone I thought I'd make sure they still had the evidence I had already sent in...... and thankfully they have..... so I've only got this one last lot to gather together, and then hopefully I'll get an answer off the D.W.P.
    My original claim was started in February, so it woulde be nice to bring it to a close..... Gaz

It's possible that Capita will use parts of the previous assessment, but I think Jard is more likely correct - this will likely be a full assessment from scratch.

Either way up works for me.... but I would prefer if they take it as a full assessment from scratch.
    I'm looking forward to it..... After reading the advice that's been given on this site ( specially from yourself Flymo) I'm much better equipped This time around... I can tell and show, the officer what I have trouble doing. The additional evidence from the Senior sister at the Queen Elizabeth hospital, proving how bad my mobility problems are, will help me greatly..... It's just going to take a little while to get all the right people, to do all the right things as quickly as possible. it's been a very long 8 months, and I could really use the help this benefit is meant to provide. Gaz

My re- assessment went pretty well this morning.......the reason he gave me as to why I was being assessed again was: "the criteria has changed" and my initial face to face assessment had been done in an older style format of question form on one of their laptop computers.
    I wasn't at all surprised when he told me they have now stopped sending info back to base using a dongle....... saying it's all downloaded at the end of the day now....and it's encrypted too "hoorah"
    I'm happy with the way the assessment went..... and as Jard said, the whole thing was done from scratch, which pleased me a lot.
    All I've got to do now is wait for one extra piece of additional evidence to arrive and post it off then it should only be another two months or so and I'll finally get to know if it's yes or no on this benefit for me...... I only started the claim on 6th February so I can't moan about how long it's taken can I?

The criteria have not changed, though the guidance for assessors was updated back in May. I hope the sticky PIP thread and other information people have shared in these forums meant you felt better prepared.

Hopefully the remaining stages will go well and you will have a decision within a couple of months.

Just telling you what he told me....... he reckoned the boxes to be filled in were different somehow.
    I'll be happy when this is over, no matter which way the decision goes...... although I think it will weigh in my favour because on one of the things he asked me to do I actually fell over right in front of him... he only asked me to stand on my toes and back onto flat feet.
    He did ask me to try and do two other things, but as soon as I fell over he told me not to bother with those..... they were...... going into a crouched position and standing back up again (that would have been another fall)....... and the third one would have been standing on one leg ( well I have trouble standing on two, so that also would have been a fall.... I was very grateful when he told me not to bother doing the last two..... he also did some basic checks on my sight as I'm registered partially sighted, and I didn't do too well with those either....... I told him that I have to use a navigation device to get to places I don't know.... Basically I just told him the truth about all the things I struggle to do....... I'm sick of the whole business now, as it's been going on since February