Thread: Can I request PIP paid every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks?

Can I request PIP paid every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks?

I have a new carer who I pay every week. There is a big stretch between PIP payments as they're every 4 weeks and I'm finding it difficult to keep up and keep losing track. Can I request that PIP is paid every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks? I think I will manage every 2 weeks a lot better.

Thank you.

Tell your carer that they need to budget as you can only pay every four weeks. Remember you employ your carer it's not the other way around. If they don't lie it get someone else in.

Yes you can ask.
    Not many people get paid weekly, you need to explain this to your carer, if she values her job she will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Conceptual View Post
    I have a new carer who I pay every week. There is a big stretch between PIP payments as they're every 4 weeks and I'm finding it difficult to keep up and keep losing track. Can I request that PIP is paid every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks? I think I will manage every 2 weeks a lot better.
    You can make that request, but it's pointless to do so as DWP will not agree as they have no power in law to pay at other intervals. Regulation 48 of The Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment, Jobseeker’s Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance (Claims and Payments) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/380) is clear - PIP is paid every four weeks in arrears unless you are terminally ill, in which case DWP might agree to pay weekly in advance.