Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enhanced disability premium

enhanced disability premium

I receive ESA Support and get DLA the highest rate for both, Am i entitled to the enhanced disability premium which i was told i am entitled to, am i correct in saying that i need to apply for this and it is £15.plus per week but is this payable to me or a top up for my housing benefit award. Any advice would be great.

You are potentially entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium and the Severe Disability Premium, which are part of both Housing Benefit and Income Related ESA.

You need to talk both to the office dealing with your ESA claim and your local council's Housing Benefit team. If you are not already receiving any Income Related ESA, you should expect to have to fill in an ESA3 form.

I do not live on my own have son living with me so would not be entitled to severe disability premium but is the enhanced disability premium added to housing benefit or is it payable to me, I do receive income related ESA.

If you are receiving Income Related ESA, then you should already be getting the enhanced disability premium. Its usually written on letters as Disability Income Guarantee. You should be getting around £247 per fortnight if this is included.

Quote Originally Posted by josephine View Post
    I do not live on my own have son living with me so would not be entitled to severe disability premium but is the enhanced disability premium added to housing benefit or is it payable to me, I do receive income related ESA.
    As I said, EDP will affect your Income Related ESA (extra money for you) and has the potential to affect your Housing Benefit, so you need to inform both DWP and the council. As galeforce81 notes, EDP appears on letters as "Disability Income Guarantee".

If your son is an adult, you are almost certainly not entitled to SDP as you note.

Two hundred and forty seven pound seems like a lot of money payable fortnighly, are you sure about that, as i read it £15 something per week and i get it added to my housing benefit but your saying that i am entitled to claim this on top of ESA income related, i will ask a benefits advisor.

I'm saying income related ESA is £247 per fortnight including the disability premium.

£247.40 is the current fortnightly Income Related ESA payment for someone over 25 who receives the Enhanced Disability Premium and is in the Support Group.

I get ESA contributed based and ESA income based top up each week but i am in the support group and in total get £123.70. Is this correct.

Just been reading these threads and I think something's a miss with my esa I've been claiming for a few years now and never had a medical ? And I only get £144 a fortnight ... Should I call and ask about a medical ? I assumed I didn't have one because my doctors signed me out indefinitely so I don't send sick notes in